TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-14-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
kirbylile
Now Playing

Question TiVo A created a new recording for TiVo B in the othe room

I was using TiVo A in the living room, going through the on-screen guide, and I hit record, when it reported conflicts, which puzzled me because nothing else was scheduled at that time, until I looked at the top of the screen and it was attempting to schedule the recording on TiVo B in the other room.

I couldn't figure out why, nor did I know you could do that. Then I remembered earlier in the day I had been watching on TiVo A a recorded program streaming from TiVo B's queue. Out of curiosity, on TiVo A, I pressed Now Playing, and the highlight was on TiVo B at the bottom of the list.

I pressed Live TV, viewed the on-screen guide again, pressed record again, and it was still trying to record the show on TiVo B.

The only way to get TiVo A to record the program on TiVo A was to start playing a program in TiVo A's queue, stop it, and then try to schedule the recording from the on-screen guide again. That time it worked.

Is this normal, or a bug?

P.S. FYI, both TiVos are Premieres purchased in 2012, connected by Ethernet cables to a Cisco router with the latest software update (20.2.2-01-2).

Last edited by kirbylile : 01-14-2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Typo
kirbylile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #2
jcthorne

Go back to Tivo Central then hit guide to record local on Tivo A.

For sure this usage of multiple tivo's on the network is new and needs some refinement. But I am glad to see it progressing.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #3
bshrock

Cool I like it... Next step cooperative programing?
bshrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #4
jcthorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshrock View Post
Cool I like it... Next step cooperative programing?
One could hope....

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #5
Philmatic

I ran into this last night. I was trying to record something on TiVo B and it kept scheduling the recording on TiVo A. It was a little annoying since I couldn't actually get it to schedule anything on TiVo B. It's likely new code to get the Mini working, not sure why it's being triggered on a regular TiVo too.
Philmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:15 AM   #6
Philmatic

This is becoming a real issue for me, it's not longer allowing me to schedule recordings on TiVo-B, it always wants TiVo-A to record them.
Philmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #7
moyekj

As long as you don't start Guide while browsing TiVo A you shouldn't get this problem. i.e. This is triggered if via My Shows you are looking at TiVo A My Shows and then hit Guide. If while on TiVo B you 1st hit TiVo to take you back to TiVo B and then hit Guide, all scheduled recordings should be on B.

moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #8
aaronwt
HD Addict

I've never needed to browse the networked TiVo. I just highlight it.
If you go into "My shows' and go to the bottom and select another TiVo, then when I go to the guide I can schedule a recording on the other TiVo. But then if I want to schedule on the local TiVo, I need to go back to "My shows" and de-select the networked TiVo.

The only time I have been able to schedule a recording on a networked TiVo is by selecting it in the "My Shows" list. Any other time and it has always scheduled on the local box.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #9
Miketoms

Well,that's very interesting.
Miketoms is offline   Reply With Quote