TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-14-2014, 02:59 PM   #4981
bantar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
Mine that failed at first and then worked with minimal metadata only had 4 lines in the metadata.txt file:

title : Scorpion
seriesTitle : Scorpion
episodeTitle : Revenge
programId : EP019223320011

I pushed several like this, they got metadata from the mind server and grouped with others in the Scorpion series. Before trying with the minimal meatadata, they did just as yours, all taking the metadata of the oldest push on the tivo for that series. I also have a couple episodes in that group that were pulled. The only difference I can see between the pulls and pushes now is that the pushes are copy protected.
I retried it one more time with an abbreviated metadata file. It still failed. However, there's one more variable that might be causing me grief and not you. I don't know if the titles from TvDB matches the data in TMS. However, in my previous testing, I used 4 different series as a hedge against this, but they could all have issues too.

Oh well, for now, I'm content with Pulls vs having bad metadata. I look forward to a fix as it is definitely inconvenient.
bantar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 05:49 PM   #4982
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Ran into this problem yesterday when I pushed 2 episodes of "Once Upon A Time" to a friend of mines Premiere (she had reception problems). Today, she needed two episodes of "The Originals". This time I waited until the transfer of the first episode was complete before I queued up the second episode and it got the correct episode title.
So much for that theory. I sent multiple episodes of a series today, carefully waiting for one to complete before queuing the next one and they all got the same episode title. TiVo really needs to fix this problem.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 10:17 PM   #4983
HerronScott

Has anyone reported it to TiVo?

Scott
  4. S1 Phillips - 120GB - Lifetime transferred to S3
  5. S1 Sony - 30GB - Lifetime transferred to S3
HerronScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:27 PM   #4984
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerronScott View Post
Has anyone reported it to TiVo?

Scott
Yes.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:28 PM   #4985
rassi

We have two TiVos - a TiVoHD and a Roamio Plus. Using pyTiVo for several years, and beyond one issue it's working well. Only issue I have is that on the Roamio the "view" for my NAS drives that pyTiVo is sharing keeps changing from group view to file view. This works fine for our Movies drive, but the "other" category has too many individual files so pyTivo dies. If I go into the movies drive first and change back to group view, everything works fine. But next time I try and view the pyTiVo drives, it reverts back to file view. Not sure if this is an issue with the Roamio or pyTivo....???
rassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 09:44 PM   #4986
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by rassi View Post
We have two TiVos - a TiVoHD and a Roamio Plus. Using pyTiVo for several years, and beyond one issue it's working well. Only issue I have is that on the Roamio the "view" for my NAS drives that pyTiVo is sharing keeps changing from group view to file view. This works fine for our Movies drive, but the "other" category has too many individual files so pyTivo dies. If I go into the movies drive first and change back to group view, everything works fine. But next time I try and view the pyTiVo drives, it reverts back to file view. Not sure if this is an issue with the Roamio or pyTivo....???
It's TiVo. My Roamio does the same thing. I just push the number 2 on the remote and the folders come right back.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:27 PM   #4987
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rassi View Post
Known issue with the current Premiere/Roamio s/w. Not a pyTivo problem nor is there likely a way to kludge it. If you look, you'll note that the same problem exists when viewing the THD from the Roamio. Until it is fixed, what you can do is select a share (or the THD) that is small enough so that it doesn't cause pyTivo to crash and, if groups are disabled, enable them by entering a "2", back out, and then select the large share. Do not go to TiVo Central in between. That will cause it to revert to "Groups Off" for shares and pre Series 4 TiVos.

What might also work is if you enter a 2 after selecting a share but before pyTivo crashes. I don't have a share with enough recordings in it to test this. Plus, if groups are still on, this will turn them off.

Old Yesterday, 05:28 AM   #4988
jcthorne

While pytivo may not be able to do anything about the grouping error, it should not crash, no matter how many files are on a share.

Please post the log file for the crash and hopefully wmcbrine will be able to have a look and kill the bug.

Setup help for pytivo under windows:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jcthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:19 AM   #4989
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

Right, there's no hard limit on the number of files; but without grouping, pyTivo might choke on some specific file that it doesn't reach when folders are on (until you enter the folder where that file is).

Also, there's a timeout on the list, on the TiVo end, which is easier to hit when grouping is off. In this case, you'd just get a "no files found" type message. But it should work if you then exit and re-enter the share.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote