TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-29-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
dsnotgood

Install file for tivo for tablets for hp touchpad

I couldn't download the new TiVo for tablets file because it said it was incompatible. I found this online and it was ripped from play store. I installed it on my touchpad running android and it runs great. No closes and both premieres detected. Works REALLY well on cm9.

https://www.box.com/s/3ffc7ad13d555c0e82ed
dsnotgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:57 AM   #2
ct1

CAUTION.

Can we have a little more provenance information about this random file you are suggesting we might want to install?
ct1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #3
mrizzo80

HP Touchpad owners that have chosen not to install Android on it (such as myself) should have the ability to run TiVo's Android tablet app sometime this fall, courtesy of the ACL product from Open Mobile (http://openmobileww.com/).

OpenMobile wants to sell their product directly to the OS manufacturer, but I think with webOS they are going to offer ACL as a standalone purchase for end users.
mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #4
dsnotgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct1 View Post
CAUTION.

Can we have a little more provenance information about this random file you are suggesting we might want to install?
Then don't install it. I got this from the market and just uploaded it here. Works fine for me but it doesn't matter if you use it or not, just thought it would help some people.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
dsnotgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrizzo80 View Post
HP Touchpad owners that have chosen not to install Android on it (such as myself) should have the ability to run TiVo's Android tablet app sometime this fall, courtesy of the ACL product from Open Mobile (http://openmobileww.com/).

OpenMobile wants to sell their product directly to the OS manufacturer, but I think with webOS they are going to offer ACL as a standalone purchase for end users.
You really should install Android on it. My tablet is now 1000% more useable and the web browser alone is A LOT faster and better. Plus tons of apps. And no issues with performance and errors...just the mic and camera doesn't work.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:54 AM   #6
ComputerLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnotgood View Post
I couldn't download the new TiVo for tablets file because it said it was incompatible. I found this online and it was ripped from play store. I installed it on my touchpad running android and it runs great. No closes and both premieres detected. Works REALLY well on cm9.

https://www.box.com/s/3ffc7ad13d555c0e82ed
YOUR HP TOUCHPAD TABLET'S WEBOS 3.0.5 OPERATING SYSTEM.. NOT ANDROID.OS?
ComputerLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #7
DarrellTaylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnotgood View Post
Hello dsnotgood I need to get Tivo for my tablet. Can you tell the source from where you got it?
DarrellTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #8
diamond.g

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerLover View Post
YOUR HP TOUCHPAD TABLET'S WEBOS 3.0.5 OPERATING SYSTEM.. NOT ANDROID.OS?
You can install another OS on it. He is running CM9 (I have CM10 running on mine). From there just side load apk's that don't show up on the App Store (because there is supposed to be device filtering happening).
diamond.g is offline   Reply With Quote