TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #61
Church AV Guy

Good point there. They can't very well be called Observers anymore since they are now totally in control of darn near everything.

Whoops. Gotta go out and stock up on walnuts.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #62
wprager

Anna Torv playing a 20-year older version of herself. Hmm. With red hair. Why not!
wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:49 PM   #63
WO312

Quote:
Originally Posted by wprager View Post
Anna Torv playing a 20-year older version of herself. Hmm. With red hair. Why not!
Except she's not 20 years older. She was in amber. I assume that is suspended animation.
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:02 AM   #64
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WO312 View Post
Except she's not 20 years older. She was in amber. I assume that is suspended animation.
No, I think that response was directed at my comment about a 'what if' future episode.

IF our people were to try and make contact with the other universe again, 20 years later, they would have to age the characters from the 'other side'.
It would give Anna Torv and the other actors yet another dynamic to act under.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #65
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Watched the last 10 episodes over the past few days. Great stuff! I was losing interest in the reboot quickly but the show really pulled me back in and I'm excited for this season.

It didn't look like a locket around etta's neck to me, it looked like the bullet that killed olivia last season. Could be wrong.

I don't recall... have we ever seen observers doing anything in the other side (the bolivia/fauxlivia side)? I don't think we have but I'm probably wrong.

I'm confused what happened in the finale and here in terms of which universe they are in. I thought they were on the other side when they were on the boat. Maybe I missed a quick zap back to the normal side.

I really enjoyed the 19th episode of last season where they set this storyline up and I really enjoyed the season finale where it was implied that september was going to tell them about the observer invasion.

That said, I'm a little unclear on whether this observer invasion is consistent with what we've seen of them so far. I'm hoping they reconcile it but it seemed like the observers' goal has been to repair the damage caused by september inadvertently distracting walter and then trying to fix his own mistake. They seemed to have been concerned with the integrity of the timeline. Not sure how they got from there to what we see now. Of course, given that the universe got all weird with peter gone and now back, it's possible that peter's absence led to bad observers I guess?
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #66
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
I don't recall... have we ever seen observers doing anything in the other side (the bolivia/fauxlivia side)? I don't think we have but I'm probably wrong.
We have, for example September distracted Walternate from finding the cure to save Peter, which is why Walter crossed over to save him. September then save Walter and Peter from the freezing water. Also there was an observer in every episode, including the other side.. They didn't really interfere with much over there though.

My question is (and I don't expect an answer), if the observers are the evolution response to humans could they be from the other universe, coming back in time into our universe wouldn't effect their time line, and if the bridge is truly destroyed so no one can go back and forth anymore maybe that's what the observers wanted. Their time line relies on the past seasons events, but once the possibility of crossing over was stopped they were free to take over our universe and not disrupt their own past.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #67
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

Quote:
It didn't look like a locket around etta's neck to me, it looked like the bullet that killed olivia last season. Could be wrong.
Looked like the bullet to me, too.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #68
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Aside from the Walternate distraction allowing the other Peter to die, there was an episode last year where Peter switched universes for a while to ask for Walternate's help and he had a discussion with alternate-Broyles about the Observers, so yes, they have been seen in the red universe.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #69
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
I only cancel a season pass when the show is canceled.

And sometimes not even then - just in case some other network might pick it up...
That's me - I keep the SP until the show is officially cancelled, and sometimes I won't even delete it then, for sentimental reasons. My Buffy SP was #1 on my SP list for about 6 years after it ended, until I finally got HD DVRs. I suppose I could put it on there again, but I don't feel like the syndication one "counts" for some reason.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:57 PM   #70
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
I definitely think it was a bullet casing around her neck.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #71
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robojerk View Post
We have, for example September distracted Walternate from finding the cure to save Peter, which is why Walter crossed over to save him. September then save Walter and Peter from the freezing water. Also there was an observer in every episode, including the other side.. They didn't really interfere with much over there though.
No, September distracted Walter from finding the cure for his son. That Peter died. Once Walter had the 'window' to the other universe, he noticed that his dopple-ganger (Walternate) was going through the same thing trying to find a cure for his son. By that time Walter had realized what had happened and knew what the cure was.
He crossed over to cure Walternate's son, but plans didn't work out and he ended up "abducting" him back to our universe.
AFAIK, there was no mention of the Observers interfering with the other side. Their problems were due to Walter (among others) breaking the universe barrier.
I think the Observers were interested in our universe (for whatever reason) because it lacked Peter.
When Walter abducted Peter, that changed things for the Observers so they took steps to try and correct that 'mistake', only to be foiled with the help of September.
That might have meant that they had to cross over from time to time in the effort, but in the grand scheme of things, they didn't care about the other side.

F*CK CANCER!

Last edited by steve614 : 10-04-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #72
john4200

I'm not sure what show steve614 was watching. What I watched is what robojerk described.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #73
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
No, September distracted Walter from finding the cure for his son. That Peter died. Once Walter had the 'window' to the other universe, he noticed that his dopple-ganger (Walternate) was going through the same thing trying to find a cure for his son..
Sorry, you're mis remembering.. Walter already had the window while his Peter was sick, was watching Walternate's attempts to find a cure as well as working on one on his own, however the disease killed Walter's Peter first. Walter was hoping that Walternate would succeed, that way at least some version of his son would still be alive, however September walked in on Walternate right when he found the cure and Walternate missed the reaction that proved it worked, by the time he brought his attention back to his work he thought it was another failure. Walter witnessed this and realized that the other Peter was going to die. He was keeping notes on what Walternate was doing so he made the cure and crossed over to give it to Peter but a tussle with Nina broke the syringe and took her arm off. The only hope to save Peter was to bring Peter back and recreate the drug. He was planning on returning the other Peter but once his wife saw the boy he couldn't take Peter away from her again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
I'm not sure what show steve614 was watching. What I watched is what robojerk described.
john4200 agreed with me, I feel special....

Last edited by robojerk : 10-04-2012 at 07:29 PM.
robojerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #74
john4200

Quote:
john4200 agreed with me, I feel special....
Don't let it go to your head!
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:26 AM   #75
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Sorry, you're mis remembering..

Thanks for the correction and memory jog.
It is coming back to me now.
I guess I could have gone back and watched my archives but I was too lazy.

F*CK CANCER!