Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-28-2012, 08:44 AM   #91
jradosh
Newlywed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKronos View Post
But then could you imagine if she DID win? We could look forward to such priceless lines as "so did I get more votes than Kim?" and "how many zeros are in a million?"
And, no doubt, we could look forward to many more mug shots...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #92
Amnesia
The Question

Personally, I think she's less likely to be arrested for petty theft if she won the million dollars...though perhaps she'd join Richard Hatch in prison for forgetting to pay taxes...
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #93
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughmcjr

Although it has an impact and they are interrelated, Anubys theory was based on remaining players and your comment about the theory was in relation to the jury.

I liked what Anubys said and was thinking of commenting on it before I saw your post. I get his point ("at this point everyone playing the game agrees Kim is the mastermind") that we have all been witnessing and commenting on for weeks....yes Kim believes it too, but the other dolts believe what isn't reality. They just keep reinforcing it to become a reality that they are all peons. How many times, prior to Troy mentioning it two weeks ago, did many of the players know they were all just as capable, with a couple of exceptions . They knew KIm or no one else at that point was really running the game, yet they all kept plodding along like she was and that nothing could change. Again...but they knew it could and they would go no where if they didn't but they failed to act. More like procrastination with a touch of fear making them incapable of moving forward.
I'm not sure what's confusing about my comment. Anubys said Kim was the mastermind and likely to win, and I pointed out that the jury decides who wins, and more often than not, the jury is bitter toward the mastermind and votes for someone else.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #94
TampaThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
Personally, I think she's less likely to be arrested for petty theft if she won the million dollars...though perhaps she'd join Richard Hatch in prison for forgetting to pay taxes...
I bet she thinks the capitol of taxes is Houston.
TampaThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:20 AM   #95
The Flush
Anonymous User

If they really wanted to catch the pig, why not just tackle it? They were certainly close enough to it.
The Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #96
stellie93

Yeah, I thought with that many people and that size pig which didn't seem mean at all, they could have easily caught it. As far as the bacon and ham comments go, everybody knows you just put it on a spit and put an apple in its mouth. They could have done that too. The whole pig scene looked fake to me. All the screaming was really stupid if they were seriously trying to catch it.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #97
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
Yeah, I thought with that many people and that size pig which didn't seem mean at all, they could have easily caught it. As far as the bacon and ham comments go, everybody knows you just put it on a spit and put an apple in its mouth. They could have done that too. The whole pig scene looked fake to me. All the screaming was really stupid if they were seriously trying to catch it.
I have a feeling they were probably told they couldn't kill it so it then just became a game to try and catch it.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #98
tiams

I remember one season the tribe did kill and eat a wild pig. One of the guys knew enough to slit it's jugular and hang it until all the blood drained out to avoid trichinosis.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #99
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I remember one season the tribe did kill and eat a wild pig. One of the guys knew enough to slit it's jugular and hang it until all the blood drained out to avoid trichinosis.
wow..I must have been sleeping because I sure don't remember that ever happening.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #100
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
wow..I must have been sleeping because I sure don't remember that ever happening.
Season 2.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #101
justen_m

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
That was fun seeing them actually hunt and kill something. He didn't know what he was talking about. Draining the blood has no effect on trichinosis. It is in the muscles. Draining the blood though was a wise move, though.

re: this season. I suspect the pig was planted there, and agree with the comment about the producers telling the players they couldn't kill it. One of the woman commented about keeping it as a pet. It was a small pig but would have made for quite a feast.
justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote