TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-05-2015, 07:03 PM   #9121
Arcady
Stargate Fan

My Comcast account currently says I have 5 additional outlets at $9.95 each = $49.75. The next line item is a $49.75 credit. I am not charged anything for CableCARDs. This would almost make sense if I had 5 or 6 cards/boxes, but all I have is two CableCARDs.

I'm not going to call them about it because they will just find some new way to mess it up, and right now my net cost for the two cards is zero.

Of course, they will probably let this stay for a while and then some internal audit will make up a random new plan for my account.

Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:11 PM   #9122
cwteevee

Comcast switched over to their new billing system here about four months ago and I lost my Customer Owned Equipment Credit of $2.50. Every month since, I've had to contact them to get it applied and be told that the problem would be fixed next month. It never was. Finally heard from Corporate Escalations Dept. and was told that they had failed to account for the credit in the new system.

Until it is fixed, they can't apply the recurring credit to my account. So I got a $30 credit to cover it for the next year & I'll start getting the $2.50 credit when the system is updated.

cwteevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:20 AM   #9123
morac
Cat God

They got rid of my customer owned credit of $2.50, but they lowered the additional outlet fee to $7.45 so it's basically the same thing. They were charging me for an extra outlet, I didn't have, but I got them to fix that.

morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:52 PM   #9124
SoBelle0
Go Big Blue!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlayer3 View Post
Call this comcast number when you make the switch (1-877-405-2298). Post #9058 has my experience with the switch. In my experience the people at the main comcast number won't know how to do the pairing.

j
Thank you for reposting this number. My new Roamio just arrived and I was hoping there was a shortcut so I wouldn't have to bounce around amongst all of the people who think I will need a truck roll just to move a card from one machine to a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
No one ever WANTS to call Comcast.
Oh my goodness! So true. Every time I spend so much time getting things taken care of - and ALWAYS have to call back the next month because fixing one thing broke two others... and then again...

I fight them annually to keep my bill low, and it seems to always take three months and three calls to really get it right.

Obviously, I have decided that it's worth it to keep my bill low. I still get so mad, though.

SoBelle0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 03:48 PM   #9125
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBelle0 View Post
Thank you for reposting this number. My new Roamio just arrived and I was hoping there was a shortcut so I wouldn't have to bounce around amongst all of the people who think I will need a truck roll just to move a card from one machine to a new one.
You can try that number. Last time I called it though, they got annoyed and told me I should have called the main support number. They paired my card, but told me not to use that number in the future.

I have no idea why since it's supposed to be the cable card support number.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:49 PM   #9126
SoBelle0
Go Big Blue!!

What a nightmare.

Plans got canceled, so rather than deal with this tomorrow I grabbed a glass of wine, set up the TiVo Roamio, and called Comcast at 6:49pm.

The first rep came on nice and very helpful, but after 10 minutes declared I needed a tech to come to my house. I finally convinced her that it was all working just swell a mere 30 minutes ago in the Premiere, so she transferred me to a second tech, who decided I wasn't paying enough for my cable cards and that was the issue. What? Ridiculous. She did agree to try some more things and then, I guess, called TiVo support where I spoke to Alex, who then called back in to Comcast where we got Ella to finally fix things up.

It is now 8:43 and I have everything except the premium channels. Ella is a national rep, and the local market has locked them out. The local market is closed, so she can't even call anyone until tomorrow. At that time she'll call me back. Of course, she's Mountain (and works the later bit) and I'm Eastern, so it'll be afternoon before I'll hear from her. She did give her number and an extension, in case I need to reach her. It may not mean much, but does make me feel a bit better.

Some interesting things I learned from the super helpful, Alex, with TiVo tech support:
1. He does recommend full guided setup before calling to pair the cable card.
2. If you're having major issues with the cable company, you can call TiVo tech support and they'll get on a 3-way call with your cable co to try and help. This was wonderfully helpful!
3. MoCA is cool!

So - now I'm switching to Bourbon and calling it a night!

I think Comcast should pay all of us for the time we spend on the phone dealing with them. The local market can lock out the national tech reps. And, she indicates it is in several markets, not just southeast... So, anyone with a cable card issue during evenings is just SOL? How is that supposed to be acceptable? Please someone let me know to whom I can complain about this.

Cheers!

Old 03-06-2015, 10:46 PM   #9127
Atomic Taco
CableCARD Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBelle0 View Post
Please someone let me know to whom I can complain about this.
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

Atomic Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:14 PM   #9128
SoBelle0
Go Big Blue!!

Thank you! Think I would send a compliment to that same email?

I want to be sure that I acknowledge Ella as one positive light within the usually horrid Comcast support department. Happy Ending.

Around 10:30 or so I noticed that the premium channels were working. I called and left Ella a voicemail so she knew her request had been processed and to say thanks. She still called just a bit ago to make sure it was all still working before she closed the ticket. I appreciated that follow-through. She actually took 'ownership' of fixing my problem and saw it to the end. Thanks, Ella!

Now I await the next bill where I'm sure something I did not request has been changed and I'll get to deal with them all over again.

Old 03-08-2015, 12:05 AM   #9129
morac
Cat God

That email goes to Comcast's executive offices. In the past they had nearly godlike powers in Comcast to fix problems and sending an email to them would guarantee someone at Comcast would call you back within 24 hours.

Those days, along with nearly instantaneous Twitter support are long gone. Sometimes you'll get a response a few days later and sometimes they'll ignore you. Likely because so many people email them what with Comcast's phone support being horrible.

If you want to send a compliment it looks like you can use this form as one of the options is to "recognize an employee".

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and...p-contact-form

Old 03-19-2015, 10:59 PM   #9130
beartrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdhenry View Post
The HD technology fee (with Comcast anyway) is a hardware fee to get the HD-capable STB so you shouldn't get charged this as a TiVo owner anyway.
This doesn't appear to be the case anymore, at least in my area. My local pricing information (effective 3/1/2015) shows the "HD Technology Fee" to be $9.95, with a footnote indicating "Must subscribe to HD Technology Fee to receive HD programming." So it's tied to the programming, and not the equipment. I was told by Comcast that even with a TiVo as my only piece of equipment, I would need to pay this fee to get HD programming.

beartrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:01 PM   #9131
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by beartrap View Post
This doesn't appear to be the case anymore, at least in my area. My local pricing information (effective 3/1/2015) shows the "HD Technology Fee" to be $9.95, with a footnote indicating "Must subscribe to HD Technology Fee to receive HD programming." So it's tied to the programming, and not the equipment. I was told by Comcast that even with a TiVo as my only piece of equipment, I would need to pay this fee to get HD programming.
That's what I was told and paid it for years before I found a phone agent willing to remove it from my account. I still have HD channels.

Old 03-19-2015, 11:25 PM   #9132
Arcady
Stargate Fan

I had the HD fee removed over a year ago and my TiVos still receive the same HD channels.

Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:57 AM   #9133
bicker
Gruff

I got a $130 give back from Macy's for how long it is taking to receive furniture I purchased from them, even though it is still within the very long time period range they typical quote. There are a lot of things that can be done to address individual cases of customer expressed dissatisfaction - once or twice. Eventually, the customer recovery because high enough that no more is offered. I just pulled the trigger on the extra outlet fee they were charging me here. Let's see how long until it comes back.

bicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:05 PM   #9134
Hamstring

I moved my cable card from a tivihd to a roamio and had no issues. A minor miracle. The tech that showed up to turn on my cable had no idea what a Tivo was, however.

Hamstring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:01 AM   #9135
jakerock
Hey ho howdy!

Needed to swap my cablecard from an older Series 3 to a replacement Premiere. At first it worked (until it figured out that it had been moved). The first rep knew immediately what I needed...and transferred me to TiVo. Doh. So after that wait the TiVo rep transferred me to the correct Comcast dept and that rep tried to help but failed. She said she'd have to send it to engineering BUT that once they had it things should be fine and she'd call me back. No call back (didn't expect it, they never do) but the card started working. Sweet!

Old 04-13-2015, 10:58 AM   #9136
SCSIRAID

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerock View Post
Needed to swap my cablecard from an older Series 3 to a replacement Premiere. At first it worked (until it figured out that it had been moved). The first rep knew immediately what I needed...and transferred me to TiVo. Doh. So after that wait the TiVo rep transferred me to the correct Comcast dept and that rep tried to help but failed. She said she'd have to send it to engineering BUT that once they had it things should be fine and she'd call me back. No call back (didn't expect it, they never do) but the card started working. Sweet!
Similar thing happened to me when my cablecard lost authorization a few months ago... Comcast helpless desk transferred me to Tivo. At least TiVo was able to transfer me back to intelligent life in Comcast support which fixed my problem immediately.

SCSIRAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:57 PM   #9137
bobdec01

Hamstring, after you moved the CC from the HD to a Roamio do you get Comcast On-Demand w/o having to pair the card. I assume On-Demand is avail in your location by now.. I did what you did (HD to Roamio) and required pairing to get On-Demand, and will have to do it again after recently adding a 3TB drive caused it to go away.

Old 04-15-2015, 07:42 AM   #9138
talkingtiki

Does anyone have the X1 system and a TiVo roamio with cable card working in the same house? Comcast chatting rep says the 2 systems are not compatible.

talkingtiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:57 AM   #9139
bobdec01

In attached url post #15 addresses this, and posts #16 and 17 say it is working. Maybe you could PM the working posters and verify. http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=505798

Old 04-16-2015, 02:19 AM   #9140
bicker
Gruff

I had it working for a while but found the X1 useless so returned it.

bicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:19 AM   #9141
Pokemon_Dad
Ruler of an Unown UI

Aaaand here we go again. Moving to a new house. The Comcast CSR told me the old underground cable would likely be replaced. She read my order back to me, including a CableCard for a new TiVo Roamio Pro. When the installer showed up - after his arrival window time - he told me he was not authorized to run an underground cable, he had no CableCard and no record of my CableCard order, and could not do an installation. #Fail.

2 TiVo HDs with 1TB upgrades
1 TiVo PC / Nero LiquidTV << not recommended
Silicon Valley, California
Pokemon_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote