Originally Posted by Dan203
I've moved mine, and unplugged it, a few times and it still works fine. The move on yours must have triggered something else.
What I find most disturbing is that the box seems to basically work -- ie responds to a web browser -- but that there was no way to try to reset it.
As part of my "project" when I relocated the stream, I moved my internet service from cable to DSL. In doing that the DSL modem also locked up and couldn't be reset -- until I got a special "reset utility" from that tech support. Another example of a box without a simple reset switch. Fix the DSL, reprogram the router for PPPoE, and then the stream is non-reponsive (all of the 20+ other internet devices worked fine -- it's amazing how many wireless boxes there are these days).
Anyway, TiVo isn't anywhere near perfect in software distribution. Seems a hardware reset would be in order. It will be annoying (and expensive) to have to get a box exchanged because of some software flaw.