TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-21-2014, 10:04 AM   #61
pmyers

I think you can watch them on the Discovery website.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:04 PM   #62
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

I first watched it halfway through season 2?

Just set my DVR to record all and I was able to catch up with the 1st Season and the first half of the 2nd Season before Season 2 wrapped up.

I.E., Discovery reruns the heck out of them.

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:31 AM   #63
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I saw the 2 part F40 thing over the weekend. I would love to watch a show that dealt with supercar rebuilds and repairs. It was pretty cool when they got that big box of parts that was worth like $180,000 or whatever.

I also had a hard time with the changes they were making to the car. Changing the seats and such just seemed wrong on such a rare car. I kinda feel that since the car was totaled, that would be the F40 to do such things to. I just know I wouldn't pay $900k for a wrecked, far from original, F40. Not that I can even afford a $90k car.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:24 PM   #64
Adam1115
20,000!!!

This show is so hilarious....
Adam1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:36 PM   #65
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I thought that Rolls Royce episode was a little odd. They lower the car, put on some racing rims and a sunroof and he thinks that's going to add $10,000 to the car?

I wonder what people think that buy these cars and then watch the episode the car was in later. I would be embarrassed I bought that Rolls after watching that episode.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:19 PM   #66
Adam1115
20,000!!!

It was odd, but funny.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #67
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I don't understand this show. They find this super rare car supposedly. Only 9 ever made. It was a little convertible called a Woodhill or something. They then chop the windshield, paint it, remove the mounted spare tier, etc... If there were only 9 of any car made, wouldn't it be way more valuable if it was as original as possible?

Also, who is this guy Dennis? Richard's friend with the mega-bucks. That guy must be a multi-millionaire. He bought the F40 and then he pulls $100k out of a suitcase and buys the above car.

I also saw an episode where he paid $5k for a 1970 Lincoln 2 door. He then spends like $13k putting huge rims and air suspension on it. He thought he'd be able to sell it for $50k. That seems crazy. I wonder if he sometimes gets the crazy amounts at auction that he hopes for?

Anyway...I'm not complaining, I still love the show. Anyone know of other car shows similar to this? The thing I like best is they keep the fake drama to a minimum. He tells people they have 2 days to do something, but they don't try to play it up too much.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:02 PM   #68
pmyers

I believe, Dennis owns the Twin Peaks chain. I believe I remember an episode where Dennis built him a jeep to promote the place.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:20 PM   #69
Fl_Gulfer
Tivo's R Us

Someone else owns Twin Peaks, Dennis owns Collins Bros Jeep and has a estimated wealth of 20 million. He sold his Austin Healy at auction for $500,000.oo if you remember he drove that over to buy that Woodhill.
DirecTV Genie
2 DirecTV HR24 HD DVR
Fl_Gulfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:02 PM   #70
billboard_NE
North Shore MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffer View Post
I thought that Rolls Royce episode was a little odd. They lower the car, put on some racing rims and a sunroof and he thinks that's going to add $10,000 to the car?

During this episode Richard broke the fourth wall and asked the viewers why you didn't call me and tell me I was going to lose my shirt on this one. He knew he was going to take a hit to the wallet.
billboard_NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #71
Frylock
Live Long and Tivo!

Richard seems to be a fan of breaking the fourth wall. Though he also doesn't seem to take himself too seriously, ala OCC.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:22 PM   #72
DLL66

Quote:
Anyway...I'm not complaining, I still love the show. Anyone know of other car shows similar to this? The thing I like best is they keep the fake drama to a minimum. He tells people they have 2 days to do something, but they don't try to play it up too much.
Grave Yard Carz is pretty amusing. They only concentrate in reviving old Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth muscle cars.
DLL66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:03 PM   #73
Adam1115
20,000!!!

Hey I'm going to Dallas this month, maybe I'll stop by Gas Monkey Bar and Grill! lol
Old 02-10-2014, 01:03 PM   #74
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I had read somewhere that Richard Rawling did an unofficial cannonball run back in 2007. I say "unofficial" because it said the true cannonball run hasn't happened in years. Anyway...that he had the record for it, which I think was just crushed last year if I remember.

I watched an episode last night where he bought a Jaguar that had the record he beat. I did not realize that his buddy Dennis was the one that drove with him in his cannonball run. For some reason, I always felt like Dennis was his fake friend. It was nice to see that they have actually been friends for a while.

Speaking of which, I also came across a picture of Richard and Aaron in g-strings from like 10 years ago.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:26 PM   #75
pmyers

Yeah..it seems most of the "background" of this show is based on actual reality.

Although I thought Richard and Dennis' cannonball win was back in the early 90's.

*a google search does show 2007*
Old 10-23-2014, 09:54 AM   #76
pmyers

I really don't care to see anything with "FU" garage.....especially not an hour's worth!
Old 10-23-2014, 11:40 AM   #77
Swirl_Junkie

I really stopped watching this, and now just watch bitchin rides. I find it way more entertaining, and the cars they build are more like entries for the Riddler competition rather than putting a spare tire on the rear trunk of a mustang.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:50 AM   #78
Adam1115
20,000!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I really don't care to see anything with "FU" garage.....especially not an hour's worth!
I felt that way but then got caught up in watching it. It's essentially a clone of Fast and Load. I do like the format of the show - instead of pretending this is reality, they own that it is not and have a good time with the show. It's funny, I loved the cannon ball and the Smokey and the Bandit episodes. They didn't pretend it wasn't staged, and it was funny.

But I don't know why we need two identical shows. Seems silly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:07 PM   #79
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam1115 View Post
I felt that way but then got caught up in watching it. It's essentially a clone of Fast and Load. I do like the format of the show - instead of pretending this is reality, they own that it is not and have a good time with the show. It's funny, I loved the cannon ball and the Smokey and the Bandit episodes. They didn't pretend it wasn't staged, and it was funny.

But I don't know why we need two identical shows. Seems silly.
Don't get me wrong....I sat and watched the whole thing!

I'd just rather not deal with the other shop. You are right that it is exact clone.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:08 PM   #80
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I have not been able to watch Misfit Garage. DirecTV has it all F'd up. It seems like they are embedding the show at the end of Fast N Loud, but then it gets cut off 5-10 minutes in. I do a search for the show and only Fast N Loud episodes come up.

I really liked the goofy one when he was on Fast N Loud. I'd watch the show just for him, but I can't seem to manage to actually see it.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:23 PM   #81
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirl_Junkie View Post
I really stopped watching this, and now just watch bitchin rides. I find it way more entertaining, and the cars they build are more like entries for the Riddler competition rather than putting a spare tire on the rear trunk of a mustang.
I wish Bitchin' Rides would tell us how much their builds cost though.
I know they'd be way outside my current budget, but still would be nice to know how much a pipe dream costs these days.

(local shop, which is why I started watching)

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:29 AM   #82
Bob Coxner

Quote:
I have not been able to watch Misfit Garage. DirecTV has it all F'd up. It seems like they are embedding the show at the end of Fast N Loud, but then it gets cut off 5-10 minutes in. I do a search for the show and only Fast N Loud episodes come up.

I really liked the goofy one when he was on Fast N Loud. I'd watch the show just for him, but I can't seem to manage to actually see it.
It's worked ok on my DirecTV DVR. F&L is now 2 hours, with the second hour MF Garage. There's also a separate 1 hour showing of MF, same episode as you get on the 2 hour F&L.

Do a search for "Misfit Garage" and you should be able to find it. My 2 hour F&L episodes have all worked fine.
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:30 AM   #83
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coxner View Post
It's worked ok on my DirecTV DVR. F&L is now 2 hours, with the second hour MF Garage. There's also a separate 1 hour showing of MF, same episode as you get on the 2 hour F&L.

Do a search for "Misfit Garage" and you should be able to find it. My 2 hour F&L episodes have all worked fine.
Yeah my F&L season pass is now picking up the 2 hour episode with the 2nd hour being the FU guys. I didn't realize they had actually spun it off into another show.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:55 PM   #84
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

The problem is F&L does record for 2 hours and I've figured out the second half is MG. The problem is the recording never goes the full 2 hours. This last Monday, I recording ended only like 5 minutes into MG. The first week, it only lasted about 20 minutes.

Why the show isn't just fully spun off is beyond me. I guess other than them wanted the F&L crowd to stick around for MG.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:20 PM   #85
pmyers

That is very strange. I've never had that happen unless the wifey changes the channel and interrupts a recording.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:10 PM   #86
rjay717

TC CLUB MEMBER
A little bit of Tom goes a long way and I'm worn out on him. I stop watching once F&L is over.
rjay717 is offline   Reply With Quote