TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Stream
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-17-2015, 02:04 PM   #31
daxem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
I don't see the comparison, it has an 8 sec replay and a 30 sec skip and a scrubber bar that if anything to ME is equally as useful as a blanket FF or REW button.

Sure YMMV and you may not like the scrubber bar, but it certainly seems to me that online.tivo.com is comparable in features regarding the playing of content that the apps do.
When you go full screen you lose that functionality, and that is just sloppy design. Tivo Online would be OK for a beta, but falls flat as a finished product.

daxem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 02:13 PM   #32
daxem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
I'm not disagreeing that it has some shortcomings, but it's a heck of a lot closer to a Windows based app then was available previously and I still wouldn't consider it "useless"
I did say that it was useless to me. And I am not generally OK with "something is better than nothing", when it is a product that I pay for. They have done far better in the past few years, but TiVo online has that half-baked feel that we used to see with this company 5-7 years ago.

daxem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 03:29 PM   #33
lpwcomp

Both apps and TiVo Online have (different) deficiencies, some TiVos fault, some not.

TiVo Online can't play copy protected content, even in home, because it can't be protected. I suspect that most of Davem's content is copy protected, which is not TiVos fault. However, not being able to play non-copy protected content OOH makes no sense.

The iOS app can't play anything via a wireless connection. As I understand it, this is due to some idiotic Apple requirement regarding quality(?).

The Android app can't play transferred content. This too makes no sense and I suspect is based on a bad decision by either the designer or the programmer to require that "transportType" be "stream".

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote