Originally Posted by lillevig
Had my 500GB 4-tuner for just over 6 months but it has started to give some signs of hard drive issues. I've had 10-year old S1's with working original drives so this is unexpected. Anyone else seen issues this early? I'm tempted to pull the drive and copy it now but don't want to jeopardize my extended warranty.
The extended warranty is only good for one use, so you have to decide if you want to use it to because of a bad hard drive or not. If you upgrade the drive now and save the original, you can role the dice on if they will cover a future problem (you would need to put the original drive back in it before calling). If you let the original drive go to failure I would upgrade the replacement's drive fairly soon after you get it.