TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #31
Hexerott

I am irritated with BB as well. As soon as the "option" was there, it was pretty obvious Dan at very least would hit it. This is so stupid and it is more obvious than ever that BB caters to those they want in the game.

Frank is a golden boy and BB will see to it he is in for the long haul.

This show has officially jumped the shark.
Hexerott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #32
Dnamertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boot View Post
OK, I admit I haven't been following BB at all this year, but I'm trying to understand what just happened here. Wikipedia says this:I'm reading the words, but I confess I have no idea what they mean. What exactly happened? All I knew was that 4 previous players were living in the house, coaching other players while being immune themselves. What's the situation now? Is this some kind of planned twist, or an emergency game repair?
4 houseguests from previous seasons (Janelle, Boogie, Dan and Britney) started this season as coaches. They were not playing to win the $500k prize but they were each coaching a team of 3 players and whichever coaches' player wins the game, that coach would win $100k. They could not be evicted, but once all three of a coaches' players were evicted, that coach would also be out of the game.

As of last night, the 4 coaches are no longer coaches but instead they begin competing for the $500k as individuals along with the remaining houseguests.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #33
Dnamertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexerott View Post
I am irritated with BB as well. As soon as the "option" was there, it was pretty obvious Dan at very least would hit it. This is so stupid and it is more obvious than ever that BB caters to those they want in the game.

Frank is a golden boy and BB will see to it he is in for the long haul.

Even if none of the coaches hit the button, and Frank got evicted, Julie said that not accepting the decision would have resulted in some previously evicted houseguests coming back into the house. My guess is that BB would have made sure Frank was one of the returning houseguests.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #34
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Can you be skinny and still have man-boobs?

Seriously, what was up with that? And if you know you have man-boobs (A cup or d cup,) why would you wear that outfit?
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #35
Donbadabon
Geocacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post

Seriously, what was up with that? And if you know you have man-boobs (A cup or d cup,) why would you wear that outfit?
And I kept thinking it was all areola. Which is worse.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #36
Shaunnick

Poor Ian.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #37
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Why was he wearing that outfit? Did he lose a comp or something?
Old 08-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #38
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
Why was he wearing that outfit? Did he lose a comp or something?
He was wearing it in anticipation of competing in the endurance comp for HOH.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #39
MauriAnne
Mostly lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
He was wearing it in anticipation of competing in the endurance comp for HOH.
And did you notice the coaches were also dressed for the endurance comp, so they must have known something was up before Julie announced the coaches were back in.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #40
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
I thought it was BS that everyone was in the living room when she announced the twist. The teams should have been segregated to distant rooms, then she tells the coaches to stay and the players to head to the living room. She announces the twist, and each coach puts one arm in the air for Yes I want to be a player and two for No. No discussion, no collusion. They used to do that all the time, now I think they just don't bother.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #41
Johnny Dancing
Closet Rebel

Thoughts...

From day one it was obvious that the coaches would come into the game because the lack of players for a full season. I guess the America's choice was BBs way to keep the coaches safe for the first part of the season.

I really liked the coaching aspect and wish they added 4 extra players so each coach got 5 players for the season rather than planning to bring the coaches into the game at some point.

I am amazed that Boogie's team had no clue about the Frank blindside coming up. Normally with so many people in the game word leaks out. Anyway, seems Frank's days are numbered, he'll need to keep winning competitions to keep from going home.

Wil has surprised me with his ability to pick up on BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexerott View Post
Big Brother is all about shark jumping, that's what makes it a great summer diversion. Baseball and Big Brother all summer long!
Old 08-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #42
pmyers

I was not surprised on the twist but how they handled was horrible. There was basically no way the coaches weren't coming back by how they set it up....only 1 coach has to say yes and if you don't we are bringing back houseguests etc.....

They should have made them give up something to play in the game such as:
We'll give you $50k to leave now or you can stay for a chance at the $500k
or
You can become a player but you have to evict one of your players right now

or anything.
pmyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #43
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I was not surprised on the twist but how they handled was horrible. There was basically no way the coaches weren't coming back by how they set it up....only 1 coach has to say yes and if you don't we are bringing back houseguests etc.....

They should have made them give up something to play in the game such as:
We'll give you $50k to leave now or you can stay for a chance at the $500k
or
You can become a player but you have to evict one of your players right now

or anything.
I've honestly NEVER thought one of these shows was rigged, but I REALLY think this vote was rigged. First of all, I would love to see a vetted, audited result of the vote, but I doubt one exists, nor do I think that was the actual result. Pretty much everyone I have spoken to who's a fan of the game voted no.

Second, there was no way, once the "vote" was for them given the opportunity, that ALL of them would have said no. So they knew, once they were given this opportunity, they were in. For Dan and Britteny, it was a n brainer for them to come back in the game as they were coaching only one player each.

THe more I think about it, the more p***ed off about it. I quit watching last year because of Rachel, and I'm close to quitting again and this time it would be for good. If Dan wasn't in the game, I definitely would have quit.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:48 PM   #44
Langree
The Gimp

I wonder if having to "remove" Willy somehow broke the game. Because as has been said there is pretty much no way the coaches weren't returning they way they did the "all or nothing" to remain coaches.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #45
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langree View Post
I wonder if having to "remove" Willy somehow broke the game. Because as has been said there is pretty much no way the coaches weren't returning they way they did the "all or nothing" to remain coaches.
I don't think Willie leaving had anything to do with it; the coaches were always going to enter the game. Even before he left they were short the correct number of players to last all season and the coaches had keyholes beside their pictures from the beginning.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:04 AM   #46
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I don't think Willie leaving had anything to do with it; the coaches were always going to enter the game. Even before he left they were short the correct number of players to last all season and the coaches had keyholes beside their pictures from the beginning.
I could care less that the coaches entered the game. What bothers me is CBS touting let America vote, with no results of the vote. It was preordained, so why have a phony vote. Could it be that CBS makes a $1 per vote for those who are too stupid or lazy to vote on-line?
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #47
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
Could it be that CBS makes a $1 per vote for those who are too stupid or lazy to vote on-line?
Ding Ding Ding