TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > VirginMedia TV with TiVo - UK
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #1
Meng

Got my 15.3 update last night

Reminders will be useful , but the default for recordings is still one minute before and four minutes after.

You can change the settings, but if you increase the default start by a minute, it deletes a minute from the default end.

Which is worse than useless.
Meng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:24 AM   #2
Fixerman

Catchup seems to have improved. Much faster and is probably what it should have been all along.
Fixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #3
AdamInKent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meng
Reminders will be useful , but the default for recordings is still one minute before and four minutes after.

You can change the settings, but if you increase the default start by a minute, it deletes a minute from the default end.

I've been able to set my default times to "Start Recording" and "Stop Recording" "On-time" using the Settings -> Recordings -> "Default Recording Options" screen. You can also set the defaults for "New and Reruns" and "Keep at Most". That seems pretty useful to me.
AdamInKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:18 AM   #4
OzSat
Very Nice Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meng View Post

The problem with having global values that people can increase - is that people will end up adding too much time and when clashes start appearing they then start complaining that too many programmes are getting the end or start cut off.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:24 AM   #5
alextegg
Tall Member

Am I missing something, but if you use a PVR to record programmes and watch them when you want to watch them, what possible use are reminders?

Or have I misunderstood what they are for - when I saw "record and remind" it caused a bit of a head scratch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S1 shelved to wait for
to revive it
Brand new lovely VM TiVo from 18/02/2011 :)
alextegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:30 AM   #6
cwaring
VM Tivo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meng View Post

You can do more that. Keep playing. You'll figure it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by alextegg View Post
Am I missing something, but if you use a PVR to record programmes and watch them when you want to watch them, what possible use are reminders?

Or have I misunderstood what they are for - when I saw "record and remind" it caused a bit of a head scratch
Don't get me started on that one

PS. Yes. I'm back! No. I haven't actually been anywhere. Just neglected you all for a while Sorry

with the new

Get
- TV Guide for Windows

cwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:04 AM   #7
Fixerman

Can we just try and forget the "reminders" argument and move on. Those who wanted it have got their way and good luck to them. I hope they will enjoy setting all those reminders. There are much more important items to be discussed on the various forums.
Fixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:22 AM   #8
alextegg
Tall Member

<steps back rapidly/>

Blimey - touched a raw nerve there

That's the trouble when the forum is not very active, obviously missed the whole reminders issue but I think I get the gist !

Good to know it's not just me, and given I use my PVR properly l will just ignore that 'feature' and accept that someone wants to use it

<back to sleep/>

and

S1 shelved to wait for
to revive it
Brand new lovely VM TiVo from 18/02/2011 :)
alextegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #9
yerksha puddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaring View Post
You can do more that. Keep playing. You'll figure it out

(
Well, I've played for a while and not figured it out. Any chance of a hint (or perhaps, the answer)?
yerksha puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #10
cwaring
VM Tivo User

Sorry. My mistake. I assumed you could do more than I thought.

Someone said you can only add padding that adds-up to five minutes; and they were right. But, of course, you can can also set it to 0/0 or -1/+1 but once you get either past a value of 2 is where the problems start.

I shall go back to hiding I think

with the new

Get
- TV Guide for Windows

Old 08-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #11
fergiet

It killed the US ipad app !!!!
fergiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #12
cwaring
VM Tivo User

The UK one should be out soon. Sept/Oct I think.

with the new

Get
- TV Guide for Windows

Old 08-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #13
TIVO_YORK99

This year? Or next year?
TIVO_YORK99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:00 AM   #14
mikerr
TiVoCentral.co.uk

"fourth quarter 2012" is the latest promise.

After waiting nearly 2 years, I'd hope it includes some streaming instead of just a red skinned version of the US app.
mikerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:31 AM   #15
fergiet

See this post on here.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=491812
fergiet is offline   Reply With Quote