TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
rahnbo

Brighthouse Appending channels with BH prefix

I've noticed that Brighthouse has been prefixing the station name of many channels with "BH" like ESPN is now BHESPN and TBS is BHTBS among many others. This is causing some really weird issues with season passes on those channels. One season pass to illustrate this is Conan. The SP was created when the channel was just TBS. Now that its BHTBS when I go to view upcoming showings it says no upcoming airings. However when I go in to the To Do list it's still listed there every night at 11. When I select the show from the To Do list and view upcoming showings it also says there are no upcoming episodes. Same thing with BHESPN and shows like NFL Films Presents. They are in the To Do list but when trying to view upcoming showings there are none. However, these shows do appear in the programming grid! Recreating the SP gets the same results.
rahnbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
tivohaydon

Are they prepending "Brighthouse" to every show name on their EPG too?

What a senseless thing to do.
tivohaydon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
rahnbo

Some of their PPV sporting stuff does.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
windracer
joined the 10k club

Yeah, I've noticed this as well ... it's annoying because in the Guide the channel names don't make any sense. I haven't had any SP issues due to the switch, though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #5
tivohaydon

Strange. Sorry to hear it. I wonder if TBS would be slightly less than pleased that someone's slapping BH in front of their trademark?
tivohaydon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
windracer
joined the 10k club

It's not all channels ... the only changes I found are:

1127 BHCESPH is ESPN
1128 BHCES2H is ESPN2
1141 BHCMLBH is MLB Network
1151 BHCNHLH is NHL Network
1236 BHCTBSH is TBS

At first I thought the pattern was the sports channels, until TBS. Although with the baseball playoffs maybe it's considered a sports channel.

Those new channel names are really terrible though. I hope they don't start doing this for everything.

|
Old 10-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #7
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

Is this Brighthouse's doing, or is it in the programming data on the TiVo (i.e., coded by the programming data supplier)?
pdhenry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #8
buscuitboy

I have a family member who has Brighthouse and I help them out on occasion with some account related items. I think this "BH" prefix on channels is a Brighthouse thing. More specifically, I think its done to designate which channels can be viewed LIVE on their new BrightHouse Android and Apple apps.

These new live channels via the apps have to be viewed within your home. Specifically from within your home network on a Brighthouse internet connection only too, but it allows you another option of watching live TV at home & in other rooms if desired. While not 100% sure on this, presumably with no additional monthly cost to the customer. Too bad it can't be done OUTSIDE the home, but I think we all know the reason why they don't allow that :-)

If interested, here is the info:

http://brighthouse.com/central-flori...pp-center/bhtv

Last edited by buscuitboy : 10-19-2012 at 01:23 PM.
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #9
rahnbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by windracer View Post
It's not all channels ... the only changes I found are:

1127 BHCESPH is ESPN
1128 BHCES2H is ESPN2
1141 BHCMLBH is MLB Network
1151 BHCNHLH is NHL Network
1236 BHCTBSH is TBS

At first I thought the pattern was the sports channels, until TBS. Although with the baseball playoffs maybe it's considered a sports channel.

Those new channel names are really terrible though. I hope they don't start doing this for everything.
Even weirder the Tivo.com guide had yet different names.
1127 ESPNHCF is ESPN
1128 ESPNWHD is ESPN 2
1236 TBSHCFL is TBS and so on. . . I'm guessing the CF and CFL stands for Central Florida and the H represents HD?? I dunno just wish they'd go back to standard names.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #10
rahnbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdhenry View Post
Is this Brighthouse's doing, or is it in the programming data on the TiVo (i.e., coded by the programming data supplier)?
Unknown. Guess I could submit a channel problem report with Tivo and see what happens. The BH cable box has some weird letter mixtures too on some channels although not prefixed with BH.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:04 PM   #11
BHNtechXpert

Actually I am aware of this and hope to have some additional information shortly.
BHNtechXpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #12
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHNtechXpert View Post
Actually I am aware of this and hope to have some additional information shortly.
I look forward to you discovering that someone further up the corporate foodchain is a techno-ignorant idiot.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #13
windracer
joined the 10k club

Well, something has changed. Turned on Monday Night Football and found the channel label for ESPN is now ESPNHTP. Checking the other channels that used to have the BH prefix I now see:

1127 ESPNHTP is ESPN
1128 ESP2HTP is ESPN2
1141 MLBHFL is MLB Network
1151 NHLHDFL is NHL Network
1236 TBSHTPA is TBS

So I see HTP, HFL, HDFL, and HTPA suffixes instead. Better than the BH prefixes I guess.

|