TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #1
leiff

thumb rating behavior

with my old S3 TiVo, whenever I scheduled a recording, that program would automatically get a thumb up rating. Since I never used TiVo auto record suggestions, I would instead look for the thumb up rating on shows to let me know if I've seen it before incase I forget when scheduling new recordings. With S4 TiVo no longer auto thumbing recordings that means I won't be able to easily use my s4 this same way. What S4 does do that's very nice that kind of makes up for this is it gives original air date of every program which is most missed feature of S3 I think. Now that I won't be able to use the thumb system like I did in the past I'm wondering if I'll find a new use for it. Mostly ifs used for turning on auto record suggestions preference right? Do many here like using this for that?
leiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:14 PM   #2
leiff

a nice TiVo feature would be to remind me that a program has already been recorded when I select a recording. Does TiVo have a feature request forum?
leiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:30 AM   #3
steve614
what ru lookin at?

I think you are mistaken about how the thumbs work, but I don't use a Premiere, so what do I know?
It just seems odd that TiVo would change the thumb behavior on the Premieres.

As for feature requests, here you go.

http://research.tivo.com/suggestions/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #4
jrtroo
User

I don't believe this is accurate, but I'll double check. I recollect a recent thread on this where someone complained about their premiere applying thumbs by hitting the record button.