TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
renee312

Tivo jumping to end of live recordings while viewing, also dumping 30 min cache.

Ever since the Fall update, we've had numerous problems with our Premier,
ESPECIALLY regarding the 30 min CACHE:

1) If you hit record on a live show and are behind a bit, Tivo will jump to the end of your show when it's done recording....leaving you to have to go find your once "live" show in the playlist and then find where you left off.

If your watching-while-recording sports, you get jumped to the end of the game....Tivo used to seamlessly deliver you from the live recording end to the beginning of the cache of the next live show!?

2) We used to be able to watch live tv a half hour behind (using cache) even if it needs to record another show in the next hour. Now, we lose the show we are watching (it dumps the cache) and it jumps to the next show in progress.
Now you have to hit record on everything just in case you want to finish the show before it turns the tuner.

3) We used to be able to hit record and grab a few minutes of the previous show, even if it's gone into the next hour. So if you see something you'd like to capture at 9:50, you could still hit record and Tivo will record that PLUS the ten o'clock show after it. Not anymore. Now it dumps the cache and jumps forward.

Been told by Tivo to restart and run tests. No help.

If they replace it, I wonder if we'll just have the same issues.
It all started after the UPDATE.

Last edited by renee312 : 01-19-2013 at 06:58 AM.
renee312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:58 AM   #2
renee312

Seen a few people with this issue, any one getting answers?
renee312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:34 AM   #3
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by renee312 View Post
...If they replace it, I wonder if we'll just have the same issues.
It all started after the UPDATE.
This has been posted multiple times in the Premiere forum. If someone had discovered a solution, it would have been posted there. And if it started after the update, indicating a software problem, then why would you replace the unit?

Just wait until TiVo fixes it with another update...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
sdnative1

Same problem here with my Tivo Premiere 4-tuner unit. I watch a lot of shows delayed...often joining the live broadcast recording 15-30 minutes late. When the live recording ends, Tivo jumps from the current playback position to the current live position of the ended recording. I'm only recording on 1 or 2 of the 4 tuners at a time in most cases. The outcome of the game or movie is spoiled when this happens. Very frustrating Tivo! Please patch!
sdnative1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
julieknits

We had that kind of thing happening on our Premiere. Drove my husband crazy when it happened during sports events. Turning off the HD menus and going back to the old SD ones seems to fix it for us. It never happens when we're using the old menu system.
julieknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #6
sdawge

We are running into this issue as well. It was suggested that we reset our remotes. That didn't do anything to help at all. Has anyone found a solution yet ?
sdawge is offline   Reply With Quote