Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #181
TheMerk
Always Bid First

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Yeah, no WAY that is true because they are always read to create the most drama. Only way to do that is to look at them and arrange them accordingly.
TriBruin didn't say they weren't read at all, only that they weren't read until a week or two before the finale, at which point they decide the order to be read.

I guess I could buy that. I don't really see a reason why Jeff would lie about it, and it would lessen the chances of the final result being leaked months before the finale.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/

TheMerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #182
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers

Yeah, no WAY that is true because they are always read to create the most drama. Only way to do that is to look at them and arrange them accordingly.
I think he was referring only to the votes from final tribal council.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #183
Boston Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers

It would take them longer than a week or two to arrange them in dramatic order?
Boston Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #184
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnoh View Post
I'm not a woman, but if I was and I had any male hair traits and was going to be on this show, I'd invest in laser hair removal.
I've tried laser hair removal on my legs. It's expensive and doesn't always work very well. After 3 years of treatments I still have enough hair on my legs that I have to shave them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I bet your a big fan of the Leah Remini is fat thread! hehe
See, that one I can easily ignore. Not so easy when it's week after week of nasty comments in multiple threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerk View Post
It's entirely possible that Kim underestimated the amount of lip hair that would grow in over 39 days.

LOTS of women pluck the hell out of unsightly hairs. It's really no big deal.
I don't have a dark hair mustache, but I have a lot of female friends who do. They are all extremely self conscious about it. They pluck, they bleach, they wax, and they still have them. It's a big self esteem issue of many women.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #185
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Kim actually mentions the mustache in this interview:

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/the-fien...ivor-one-world

Quote:
HitFix: You said you've had seven months to go over the vote over and over again in your head. What has it been like for the past few months watching this season and seeing how well what you did played out on TV?

Kim: It's been fun. I tried to expect the worst and walking into Episode One, I had no idea how I was about to get portrayed. I came home and kinda felt like I had a good shot of looking like a villain, so I was thankful that at least they made me look smart. I didn't know how my strategy was going to come across. I did know that I went out there intending to respect people and make good relationships. I never wanted to make it personal or cut people down or say ugly things. It was all about the game for me. So I was really pleasantly surprised with the way it came off... Minus the mustache. [She laughs.]

Old 05-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #186
stalemate
McGruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Kim actually mentions the mustache in this interview:

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/the-fien...ivor-one-world
From that interview:

Quote:
I've been saying all along that this is a game and it's what makes "Survivor" unique is that the person who sits there at the end technically did win the game and played the best game. So if Sabrina wins last night? She played a better a better game than I did.
I <3 Kim even more now. That's exactly what I've been saying for years. (I know some people here disagree and call it results oriented thinking).

stalemate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #187
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Am I the only one that never noticed that Kim had a mustache? It can't be that bad, I couldn't see it on the show even after I knew it was supposed to be there. Maybe my eyes are going... Off to Google...

ETA: Here's a pic I found when I Googled "Kim's Mustache". I'm still not seeing much of anything there that couldn't be explained as dirt.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #188
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers088 View Post
I guess we can agree to disagree on this point. But in reality I thought they both looked bad at the reunion. I guess I just like the more natural look than the whole made up looks they had last night.
Actually, I thought Chelsea looked way worse at the reunion, but the other two finalists looked _slightly_ better. Not tons better, but slightly better.

I was amazed at how much worse Chelsea looked all 'dolled up' though.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #189
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
Am I the only one that never noticed that Kim had a mustache? It can't be that bad, I couldn't see it on the show even after I knew it was supposed to be there. Maybe my eyes are going... Off to Google...

ETA: Here's a pic I found when I Googled "Kim's Mustache". I'm still not seeing much of anything there that couldn't be explained as dirt.

It's more prominent in this photo.

Edit: After further consideration, it looks like she's capable of growing a fu man chu.

/ ducks, runs and hides

F*CK CANCER!

Last edited by steve614 : 05-17-2012 at 11:46 PM.
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:53 AM   #190
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
I never noticed it either, even after reading the threads.

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:38 AM   #191
bikegeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Actually, I thought Chelsea looked way worse at the reunion, but the other two finalists looked _slightly_ better. Not tons better, but slightly better.

I was amazed at how much worse Chelsea looked all 'dolled up' though.

bikegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #192
hummingbird_206

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
It's more prominent in this photo.

Edit: After further consideration, it looks like she's capable of growing a fu man chu.

/ ducks, runs and hides
Hunting for my gun.....
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote