TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-23-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
TexasGrillChef

Largest Hard Drive for a Premiere?

I have received my Tivo Premiere Elite. (The 4 Tuner, 2TB hard drive)

I haven't had a chance to unbox it and install the unit. Sadly, as I haven't really been home to do so.

Currently I have 3 TiVo's that are operational.

1. An original S3, with hard drive upgraded to a 1TB unit.

2. A TiVo HD unit with internal drive upgraded to a Western Digital Raptor 10k rpm, 300gb hard drive.

3. a Tivo Premier unit (Basic one for $99), that I upgraded the hard drive internally to a 1tb unit.

So my question is... What is the largest single hard drive that the Tivo Premiere Elites will support? Has anyone tried them with a 2.5TB or 3TB drive yet?

Has anyone plugged in an external eSATA 2tb, 2.5tb, or 3TB drive yet and got it to work?

Thanks
TexasGrillChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:18 PM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
- Internal drive can be copied to a 2TB target drive. The Comer tool reports an expansion failure when trying to expand on a 3TB target drive.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=476907

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote