TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
astrohip
Stuart F

Weird missed recording problem: Roamio AND Elite

Had a weird recording glitch last night, looking to see if anyone has any clues on this. Short version: One show on my Roamio Pro and two shows on my Elite did not record due to "video signal was unavailable". But it was available. And I do not think this is the 5/6 tuner problem.

I have a Pro that is 2-3 weeks old, and works like a charm, no problems. And I have recorded six tuners at once, so no reason to think the missing 5/6 tuner cablecard is the issue. I also have an Elite, 2-3 years old, also works like a charm.

Last night I had 5 CBS shows set to record back to back. On both TiVos. No padding, no overlap (I don't pad CBS generally). At the same time, I had other tuners recording other shows (ABC, NBC, etc). Some with padding, some not, but I am anal about my recordings, and always check to make sure there are no conflicts.

On the new Pro, BBT1(7:00), BBT2(7:30) and Crazy Ones(8:00) all record. 2.5Men (8:30) does not, "no video signal available". Elementary (9:00) also recorded. I realized about 9:15 that 2.5Men did not record, started flipping thru the 6 tuners, and actually found the last few minutes of it on one tuner. So it clearly was available.

On the Elite, the two BBT recorded, but both MJF (NBC) and 2.5Men(CBS) did not. Same reason. Elementary did record.

Any clues? Had it been just one TiVo, I would blame it on a glitch. But to have two different TiVos miss the same program, that was clearly available, is a mystery. And remember, while the Pro is new, the Elite is a veteran, with nary a glitch in years, and a cablecard that I know has no issues.

Thanks in advance
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
astrohip
Stuart F

Probably doesn't add much, but here are screen shots...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg tivo-1.jpg (26.8 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg tivo-2.jpg (50.8 KB, 101 views)
Old 09-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
shortcut3d

I have the exact same issue and the only problem I can find is high SNR. Otherwise, there doesn't seem to be any reason the channel did not record.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=509253
shortcut3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #4
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcut3d View Post
I have the exact same issue and the only problem I can find is high SNR. Otherwise, there doesn't seem to be any reason the channel did not record.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=509253
Exact same show? That would be too weird of a coincidence.

I'll check my SNR, but I have *never* had a problem with it, or like this.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #5
astrohip
Stuart F

Just thought of something... I have an older S3 still working, that records from my antenna. I'll see what it did.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
Am_I_Evil

I had the same issue last night...seems like it may be a TiVo issue if it's happening with multiple people...

Edit: well kind of the same...
Have the new and returning collections recording...the following shows did not record: Greys Anatomy @ 9pm, Glee @ 9pm, Michael j fox show @ 9:01, Crazy Ones @ 9:01

basically nothing at 9 recorded due to "no signal" yet at 9:30 the second episode of Michael j fox was recorded without issue.

Last edited by Am_I_Evil : 09-27-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Am_I_Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #7
moyekj

FWIW that 2.5 Men episode recorded fine for me on my Roamio Pro & 2 tuner Premiere units along with everything else that was supposed to record.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #8
astrohip
Stuart F

Ok, this is beyond weird. Clearly there are forces at work here I don't understand.

BTW, my S3 on an antenna recorded it perfectly.