TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #31
Fahtrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
While I have been enjoying this (final) season much more than recent years, I was truly blown away by the sheer, plot-driven stupidity of this episode.

"Well, Sam & Fi, you see, I'm plotting with the CIA and we're going to take down James today. Then, this will all be over."

"Oh, OK, that sounds great. We'll just hang out here until you're done."

There was absolutely no reason, aside from artificially-manufactured drama and horribly lazy writing, for the boathouse scheme or the rooftop showdown ever to take place. What a MASSIVELY disappointing way to set up the finalé.
Yeah, I said this same exact thing to my kids. "Um, today I deliver James to the CIA, you can watch from over there......"

dumb dumb
Fahtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #32
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
Well I see your point. I still think that to just turn himself in would be SO out of character for someone in James position it would defy even the twisted logic of this show.

...still, just one episode left, as you say.

In any case, I think it still makes more sense than Under the Dome.
My first thought when James said he'd turn himself in is that there's no way he'd ever do that. I think it's a scheme to get close to the CIA. But, I also think that we'll never know because, as we already see, his plan isn't exactly working anyway.

I also think Mike thinks that by having James turn himself in, he can use his organization to "do good" the way he has been doing throughout the series. Just seems weird how he trusts this guy to do what he says.