TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #31
Jebberwocky!
Guest
 
Jebberwocky!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 11,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
I was a little incredulous at first, but then he described his jump shot as "nothing but air", then totally believed him!

I'm sick to death of idiots voting out the hot girls early!
his fake shot had pretty decent form as well
Jebberwocky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #32
newsposter
Poster of News
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: SE PA
Posts: 32,928
were they trying to make him look like a jerk by showing the other girl down the beach working out then getting him lifting the rock in back of his head?
__________________
Tivo Premiere; Hitachi 57 in

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #33
InterMurph
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Gloucester, MA
Posts: 759
I really like Laura, but I think Sherri is running things. Her understanding of Shamar's delicate psyche shows that she's made for this game.
__________________
It's just a fu@#!ng stick!
InterMurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #34
pmyers
Registered User
 
pmyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 14,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
were they taking turns at tossing the ring because it was a rule or because the persons arm got tired
It always bugs me when they start cycling through players on these types of challanges (throwing bean bags or throwing a hook). You have to stay with one player because the learning curve is too steep everytime a new person has to start over.
pmyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #35
jradosh
Newlywed
 
jradosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Herndon, VA, USA
Posts: 17,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
were they trying to make him look like a jerk by showing the other girl down the beach working out then getting him lifting the rock in back of his head?
Clearly. It worked too.
__________________
____________________________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #36
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils
 
DevdogAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 38,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post

It always bugs me when they start cycling through players on these types of challanges (throwing bean bags or throwing a hook). You have to stay with one player because the learning curve is too steep everytime a new person has to start over.
Not to mention that on this particular challenge, there was limited room on the track, so moving the front guy out of the way in order for someone else to move to the front would take valuable time as well.
__________________
"You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribbiani
DevdogAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #37
hfcsyrup
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
Their goal was not to flush out the idol. They said that they need Reynold and Eddie around for challenges. Their goal was to boot out Hope. But, on the outside chance that Reynold gives Hope the idol, they wanted to split the votes to make sure one of those 3 go home. They felt Reynold was better in the challenges, so Eddie became the other vote.

It was very smart to ensure that one of them goes home.
the important part here is the 3 way tie. i get that they want to keep reynold for some reason, but they have a known tie in the game, which is pretty rare, i think. if you know you're having a 3 way tie, why not flush the idol in the process and still get rid of the other alliance?
hfcsyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #38
bryhamm
randomize
 
bryhamm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St Louis area
Posts: 2,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfcsyrup View Post
the important part here is the 3 way tie. i get that they want to keep reynold for some reason, but they have a known tie in the game, which is pretty rare, i think. if you know you're having a 3 way tie, why not flush the idol in the process and still get rid of the other alliance?
it would backfire if reynold gave up his idol to hope though. then hope would be safe and reynold would be booted. they didn't want to chance reynold going home at this point.
__________________
I just want bryhamm on top -- dthmj

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #39
Martha
Registered User
 
Martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikieminnow View Post
With too much plastic, yes...
Haha! I was reading through the posts and trying to figure out who Sherri was until I saw this and I knew instantly!
Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:00 AM   #40
jradosh
Newlywed
 
jradosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Herndon, VA, USA
Posts: 17,161
It's probably just the editing, but at least Shamar was trying to play the angle of getting Hope to throw her vote against pretty-boy. No one else did that. It made sense too and I don't get why Hope didn't do that. It might not have gotten her very far, but at least it would have given her 3 more days and then you never know what can happen.

Corrine was all over Malcolm when he found the HII. That'll be an interesting pairing. Apparently he's not keeping it hidden this time (as I think he did last season) that he is an Ivy League graduate and pretty smart. I wonder how that got out?
__________________
____________________________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Check out
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #41
tiams
Registered User
 
tiams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
They have done is this way in recent past seasons, early on just one challenge, I guess they want to give more airtime to camp life to get to "know" the players. I'd rather have the extra challenge.
I'd rather see more of the social strategy back at camp than two challenges. These challenges have gotten so boring. They are all the same.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #42
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood
 
Lee 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lazlo's Basement
Posts: 434
I wonder why they're combining the reward and immunity challenges? Reward challenges are fun because (a) you get to see an extra challenge and (b) usually the reward puts the winner at somewhat of a disadvantage for the next challenge.
Lee 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #43
tiams
Registered User
 
tiams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee 2.0 View Post
I wonder why they're combining the reward and immunity challenges? Reward challenges are fun because (a) you get to see an extra challenge and (b) usually the reward puts the winner at somewhat of a disadvantage for the next challenge.
Another reason I don't like having reward challenges often is because the prize is often food. They are hardly even deprived anymore. I would like to see them go back to the way it was in early seasons when they were given a set amount of food for the 30 days and had to ration it and a rare food prize was really coveted. Didn't some women strip just for a bite of peanut butter?
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #44
newsposter
Poster of News
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: SE PA
Posts: 32,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee 2.0 View Post
I wonder why they're combining the reward and immunity challenges? Reward challenges are fun because (a) you get to see an extra challenge and (b) usually the reward puts the winner at somewhat of a disadvantage for the next challenge.
i also think they are missing out on another aspect of the game. when 3 ppl out of 12 are away, there is definite strategizing going on with one side wondering what the other is talking about. also there's opportunity to bring back some food and share and be a hero. also there's the opportunity to come back and describe in great detail what you had, get people mad at you, then get voted off

theres an entire social dynamic they just threw away
__________________
Tivo Premiere; Hitachi 57 in

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #45
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils
 
DevdogAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 38,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by jradosh View Post
It's probably just the editing, but at least Shamar was trying to play the angle of getting Hope to throw her vote against pretty-boy. No one else did that. It made sense too and I don't get why Hope didn't do that. It might not have gotten her very far, but at least it would have given her 3 more days and then you never know what can happen.
Nobody else tried to convince Hope to do that because they all wanted Hope gone. Shamar was just being selfish because he liked Hope more than Eddie, but if his plan had worked, it would have been the opposite of what everyone else in his alliance wanted.

As for why Hope didn't do what he suggested? No idea. I guess she thought the others were really going to vote for Shamar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post

i also think they are missing out on another aspect of the game. when 3 ppl out of 12 are away, there is definite strategizing going on with one side wondering what the other is talking about. also there's opportunity to bring back some food and share and be a hero. also there's the opportunity to come back and describe in great detail what you had, get people mad at you, then get voted off

theres an entire social dynamic they just threw away
They didn't throw anything away. They've never split the tribes up for reward when they're still split into tribes. They'll start doing what you're talking about once the tribes merge, and they'll do it pretty much anytime there are an odd number of people.
__________________
"You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribbiani
DevdogAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #46
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force
 
dianebrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: boston'ish
Posts: 8,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I'd rather see more of the social strategy back at camp than two challenges. These challenges have gotten so boring. They are all the same.
Totally agree, I like the strategy aspect of the game, on the other hand this weeks cage/trunk/rails challenge was by far one of the best new ones we've seen in a long time. It may even be one of my top 10 challenges.
__________________
"There is a distinct difference between having an open mind and having a hole in your head from which your brain leaks out."
dianebrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #47
jbiggs19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 10
Time to change things up a bit; challenges are the same, what Jeff the host says etc. Been the same over and over.
jbiggs19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |