TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #31
Jebberwocky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
I was a little incredulous at first, but then he described his jump shot as "nothing but air", then totally believed him!

I'm sick to death of idiots voting out the hot girls early!
his fake shot had pretty decent form as well
Jebberwocky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #32
newsposter
Poster of News

were they trying to make him look like a jerk by showing the other girl down the beach working out then getting him lifting the rock in back of his head?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #33
InterMurph

I really like Laura, but I think Sherri is running things. Her understanding of Shamar's delicate psyche shows that she's made for this game.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #34
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
were they taking turns at tossing the ring because it was a rule or because the persons arm got tired
It always bugs me when they start cycling through players on these types of challanges (throwing bean bags or throwing a hook). You have to stay with one player because the learning curve is too steep everytime a new person has to start over.
pmyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #35
jradosh
Newlywed

Quote:
were they trying to make him look like a jerk by showing the other girl down the beach working out then getting him lifting the rock in back of his head?
Clearly. It worked too.

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #36
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post

It always bugs me when they start cycling through players on these types of challanges (throwing bean bags or throwing a hook). You have to stay with one player because the learning curve is too steep everytime a new person has to start over.
Not to mention that on this particular challenge, there was limited room on the track, so moving the front guy out of the way in order for someone else to move to the front would take valuable time as well.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #37
hfcsyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
Their goal was not to flush out the idol. They said that they need Reynold and Eddie around for challenges. Their goal was to boot out Hope. But, on the outside chance that Reynold gives Hope the idol, they wanted to split the votes to make sure one of those 3 go home. They felt Reynold was better in the challenges, so Eddie became the other vote.

It was very smart to ensure that one of them goes home.
the important part here is the 3 way tie. i get that they want to keep reynold for some reason, but they have a known tie in the game, which is pretty rare, i think. if you know you're having a 3 way tie, why not flush the idol in the process and still get rid of the other alliance?
hfcsyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #38
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfcsyrup View Post
the important part here is the 3 way tie. i get that they want to keep reynold for some reason, but they have a known tie in the game, which is pretty rare, i think. if you know you're having a 3 way tie, why not flush the idol in the process and still get rid of the other alliance?
it would backfire if reynold gave up his idol to hope though. then hope would be safe and reynold would be booted. they didn't want to chance reynold going home at this point.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #39
Martha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikieminnow View Post
With too much plastic, yes...
Haha! I was reading through the posts and trying to figure out who Sherri was until I saw this and I knew instantly!
Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:00 AM   #40
jradosh
Newlywed

It's probably just the editing, but at least Shamar was trying to play the angle of getting Hope to throw her vote against pretty-boy. No one else did that. It made sense too and I don't get why Hope didn't do that. It might not have gotten her very far, but at least it would have given her 3 more days and then you never know what can happen.

Corrine was all over Malcolm when he found the HII. That'll be an interesting pairing. Apparently he's not keeping it hidden this time (as I think he did last season) that he is an Ivy League graduate and pretty smart. I wonder how that got out?

Check out
. :)
jradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #41
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
They have done is this way in recent past seasons, early on just one challenge, I guess they want to give more airtime to camp life to get to "know" the players. I'd rather have the extra challenge.
I'd rather see more of the social strategy back at camp than two challenges. These challenges have gotten so boring. They are all the same.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #42
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood

I wonder why they're combining the reward and immunity challenges? Reward challenges are fun because (a) you get to see an extra challenge and (b) usually the reward puts the winner at somewhat of a disadvantage for the next challenge.
Lee 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #43
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee 2.0 View Post
I wonder why they're combining the reward and immunity challenges? Reward challenges are fun because (a) you get to see an extra challenge and (b) usually the reward puts the winner at somewhat of a disadvantage for the next challenge.
Another reason I don't like having reward challenges often is because the prize is often food. They are hardly even deprived anymore. I would like to see them go back to the way it was in early seasons when they were given a set amount of food for the 30 days and had to ration it and a rare food prize was really coveted. Didn't some women strip just for a bite of peanut butter?
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #44
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee 2.0 View Post
i also think they are missing out on another aspect of the game. when 3 ppl out of 12 are away, there is definite strategizing going on with one side wondering what the other is talking about. also there's opportunity to bring back some food and share and be a hero. also there's the opportunity to come back and describe in great detail what you had, get people mad at you, then get voted off

theres an entire social dynamic they just threw away

!

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #45
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradosh View Post
It's probably just the editing, but at least Shamar was trying to play the angle of getting Hope to throw her vote against pretty-boy. No one else did that. It made sense too and I don't get why Hope didn't do that. It might not have gotten her very far, but at least it would have given her 3 more days and then you never know what can happen.
Nobody else tried to convince Hope to do that because they all wanted Hope gone. Shamar was just being selfish because he liked Hope more than Eddie, but if his plan had worked, it would have been the opposite of what everyone else in his alliance wanted.

As for why Hope didn't do what he suggested? No idea. I guess she thought the others were really going to vote for Shamar.

Quote:

i also think they are missing out on another aspect of the game. when 3 ppl out of 12 are away, there is definite strategizing going on with one side wondering what the other is talking about. also there's opportunity to bring back some food and share and be a hero. also there's the opportunity to come back and describe in great detail what you had, get people mad at you, then get voted off

theres an entire social dynamic they just threw away
They didn't throw anything away. They've never split the tribes up for reward when they're still split into tribes. They'll start doing what you're talking about once the tribes merge, and they'll do it pretty much anytime there are an odd number of people.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #46
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I'd rather see more of the social strategy back at camp than two challenges. These challenges have gotten so boring. They are all the same.
Totally agree, I like the strategy aspect of the game, on the other hand this weeks cage/trunk/rails challenge was by far one of the best new ones we've seen in a long time. It may even be one of my top 10 challenges.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #47
jbiggs19

Time to change things up a bit; challenges are the same, what Jeff the host says etc. Been the same over and over.
jbiggs19 is offline   Reply With Quote