TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-19-2014, 09:20 AM   #31
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

I just watched this ep and will be binge-watching S01 this next week. Loved it and looking forward to this and S02 starting tonight...

Just found out about this series in the past few days since we just picked up BBCA HD on our system...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:36 PM   #32
gweempose

I watched the first episode last night, and will watch one or two more tonight. Very intriguing so far.

(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:24 AM   #33
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
I watched the first episode last night, and will watch one or two more tonight. Very intriguing so far.
I'm getting hooked the deeper I get into this. I'm four shows in the first season...

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:41 PM   #34
Rickvz
TiVoholic

I tried a couple of times but didn't finish the first episode until this past weekend. I've watched a couple more and am hooked as well.

Rickvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:43 PM   #35
MonsterJoe
♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪

Me too

Old 02-15-2015, 11:16 AM   #36
Hank
AC•FTW

Thread bump.

We just stumbled onto this show and binge watched S1E1-E4 last night. We like it a lot.

And in terms of the "clone" thing, I had no idea about that part of the show, so when it was revealed, it was a really nice twist that hadn't been spoiled for us previously. It instantly turned from a gritty cop/criminal drama into a sci-fi show. I like it.

And just because it's me, I couldn't tell at first the German was also a doppelganger until later when I asked my g/f "so was the German also a clone?".

Good show. The cinematography and acting reminds me a lot of "Black Mirror"

Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 03:03 PM   #37
stellie93

That's the beauty of this show. The clones aren't just obviously the same girl. In fact sometimes it's hard to believe it's the same girl.

stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 04:36 PM   #38
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
That's the beauty of this show. The clones aren't just obviously the same girl. In fact sometimes it's hard to believe it's the same girl.
Yeah, as I've said before, there's probably at least one moment in each episode when I forget it's all Maslany.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:06 PM   #39
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Yeah, as I've said before, there's probably at least one moment in each episode when I forget it's all Maslany.
Knowing how well she does it, and the fact that she has to get "into the groove" of the correct clone with the music she listens to it's pretty amazing.
More amazing is when she plays a clone impersonating another clone, that floors me.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:39 PM   #40
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
More amazing is when she plays a clone impersonating another clone, that floors me.
Yeah, and the fact that it's never confusing is part of why in the moment I'm able to so totally believe that I'm watching the characters, not the actor.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:47 PM   #41
wprager

Still burns me she didn't even get nominated for an Emmy. Criminal. Might as well go back to watching figure skating.

wprager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 02:39 AM   #42
Ereth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Yeah, and the fact that it's never confusing is part of why in the moment I'm able to so totally believe that I'm watching the characters, not the actor.
Yeah, that time she was (and avoiding spoilers here) one clone pretending to be another to sneak into a place, it was like 2 seconds and I was "Wait, that's <other clone>, not <the one we were supposed to think it was>", and I was totally blown away by the acting chops to do that.

I saw one of the interviews with the other cast members that they have weird moments like that all the time because she'll be in clothes and makeup for one clone, while they rehearse a scene for another clone that they'll be filming later, and that's its just plain odd.

She is SO good. She should totally be a household name.

(Oh, and if you have a 4k TV the show is available in UHD on Amazon Prime, and it's so worth watching again!)

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 03:04 PM   #43
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I just finished watching Season 2. It stays good so stick with it!

Old 04-20-2015, 07:08 AM   #44
markz
Hilarity Ensues

I just started watching this show this weekend. I have watched the first 3 episodes so far and am hooked. A friend of mine recommended it. He also got me to watch Continuum.

He said to keep watching because it just gets better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote