TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
rfcarpentier

reboots after short time

Tivo Premiere reboots over and over

A few weeks ago one of my Tivo Premiere units started becoming increasingly unstable.

At first I found it locked up on a channel with a pink screen. The unit became more unstable that it would lock within 5 mins of just sitting at menu screen.

Put in another drive from a spare Tivo and did a clear and delete. Once everything was setup I called Cablevision to redo the cable card. Everything worked great.

The box ran from 1230am et today till about 5 today. At some point it started rebooting till I returned home at 8pm. I got it to stay up for 45mins and now it loops at welcome screen.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

2 Pioneer DVR-810HS with SA 4200 Cablebox from CV (offline at the moment need repairs)
1 Sony Series 1 (retired)
rfcarpentier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfcarpentier View Post
Tivo Premiere reboots over and over

A few weeks ago one of my Tivo Premiere units started becoming increasingly unstable.

At first I found it locked up on a channel with a pink screen. The unit became more unstable that it would lock within 5 mins of just sitting at menu screen.

Put in another drive from a spare Tivo and did a clear and delete. Once everything was setup I called Cablevision to redo the cable card. Everything worked great.

The box ran from 1230am et today till about 5 today. At some point it started rebooting till I returned home at 8pm. I got it to stay up for 45mins and now it loops at welcome screen.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Is it on a UPS?

Did you check that second drive with wdidle3.exe /R to see if Intellipark is involved?

If the rebooting was random I'd say maybe the power supply (if not on a UPS) was marginal and couldn't ride out spikes and sags on the line as well as other stuff in your house, but putting on the welcome screen, and then never making it to the few more minutes screen, but losing video for an instant and then going back to the welcome screen indicates something causing problems with the motherboard and drive communicating with each other well enough to "hand off" to the drive, which is where the few more minutes screen would come from.

Got a voltmeter?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is online now   Reply With Quote