TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-06-2013, 08:39 AM   #1
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Moving season passes using tivo.com doesnt work

I have a Premiere, and am trying to move my season passes to a Premiere4

I am using the www.tivo.com, season pass manager

I moved them, and about half showed 'corrupt-delete me', a known problem for shows that are no longer active in the guides. My problem is that quite a few WERE still active shows!!! So I deleted the new season passes and moved the Season passes about 10 at a time, and the first 20 moved with only 3 corrupt ones.

Here is where the problem now occurs. I cam move more over to the TP4, and the SP Manager on the website says they are moved, BUT THE TP4 doesn't show them!!

I tried clear program info and todo list, and the web SP Manager shows the machine has no season passes, even though there are 15 shown on the tivo, so something broke.

I CAN make season passes and might have to manually make the 27 missing ones.

Anyone seen this? And I can't run 'clear and delete everything', as I spent 6 DAYS moving all my recorded shows to the new TP4
Tivo (S2-retired, 500gb HD, 2 units)
TivoHD (2tb HD, chip mod, 2 units)
Tivo Premiere (2tb HD)
Tivo Premiere4 (2tb (JMFS) HD)
philhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #2
tatergator1

I've not seen it personally, but if I remember past discussions on this problem correctly, some of the "Corrupt - Delete Me" SP will correct themselves after several hours. I think there is a database lag of some sort.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #3
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

ok, cool, but I waited 3 days

But now, NOTHING is being moved over. tivo.com SP Manager thinks they are moved over, but the tivo doesn't show it as being moved.

I am at work, but after reading, it seems my VCM connections stopped. I'll try stuff to kick it back on.
Tivo (S2-retired, 500gb HD, 2 units)
TivoHD (2tb HD, chip mod, 2 units)
Tivo Premiere (2tb HD)
Tivo Premiere4 (2tb (JMFS) HD)

Last edited by philhu : 02-06-2013 at 10:00 AM.
philhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #4
Thos19

Didn't work 100% for me, either. (Series 3 to Series 4). Ended up deleting the corrupted ones and manually re-entering.

Thos.
Thos19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #5
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhu View Post
I have a Premiere, and am trying to move my season passes to a Premiere4

I am using the www.tivo.com, season pass manager

I moved them, and about half showed 'corrupt-delete me', a known problem for shows that are no longer active in the guides. My problem is that quite a few WERE still active shows!!! So I deleted the new season passes and moved the Season passes about 10 at a time, and the first 20 moved with only 3 corrupt ones.

Here is where the problem now occurs. I cam move more over to the TP4, and the SP Manager on the website says they are moved, BUT THE TP4 doesn't show them!!

I tried clear program info and todo list, and the web SP Manager shows the machine has no season passes, even though there are 15 shown on the tivo, so something broke.

I CAN make season passes and might have to manually make the 27 missing ones.

Anyone seen this? And I can't run 'clear and delete everything', as I spent 6 DAYS moving all my recorded shows to the new TP4
The TiVo system has changed, the season passes that have program in the next 2 weeks will move without a problem, the ones that have finished the season and may come back sometime in the future do not move without showing that the SP is corrupted, a year ago this problem did not exist. Someone should tell TiVo about the problem, I did but I think it will take a lot of people to tell them for TiVo to fix the problem with SPs.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #6
lpwcomp

While I agree that TiVo should fix the problem, since they are both Premieres, have you considered using kmttg instead of tivo.com?

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #7
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
While I agree that TiVo should fix the problem, since they are both Premieres, have you considered using kmttg instead of tivo.com?
I have not used kmttg or any of the programs to xfer TiVo to PC as I have no need for doing this, but I did not know Kmttg will move SP, too late now for me as I have sold the old TP after I went as far as I could setting up my new replacement TP-4.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:37 AM   #8
igirl
Tivo and EyeTV User

I had the exact same issues with a Lifetime S4 to Lifetime P4 move - it was a total mess! I ended up resetting everything on my new P4 and doing it again several times before it "took".

Even then - because we had moved - many of the channels ended up being wrong which led to missed recordings.

I'd probably just do it manually next time. It was a PITA and took way more time than just entering them in would.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #9
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
I have not used kmttg or any of the programs to xfer TiVo to PC as I have no need for doing this, but I did not know Kmttg will move SP, too late now for me as I have sold the old TP after I went as far as I could setting up my new replacement TP-4.
Don't feel too bad. There was another thread recently on just this issue and kmttg was brought up as well. moyekj indicated that you'll run into the same problem with shows not currently in the guide if you try to use kmttg to move season passes as well.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #10
andyw715

I was reordering SPs using the iphone app, those that I moved or changed the SP now show up without the program title in the SP list.

On my TiVo its the same, but when I select a offending SP the program title will show up (along with descriptors, etc)

I noticed this when one of my programs didn't record. Looking at the task list I see that it showed up as not recorded due to it not being in the guide data anymore (this was Greys Anatomy).

I had to delete the SPs and readd.
andyw715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #11
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by igirl View Post
Even then - because we had moved - many of the channels ended up being wrong which led to missed recordings.
I'm not denying what you saw, but wouldn't you have rerun guided setup on both machines at the same time, which would fix the SPs, THEN transfer them?

AFAIK, transfer between Tivos assumes the same lineup, since they have to be on the same local network..

So I don't see how they could have been on the wrong channels.

(Now, the "I can't transfer more than a few" and can't transfer wishlists at all are known issues.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #12
geekmedic
TiVo Fanatic

I had to send my Premiere in for an exchange (hard drive died; luckily I bought an extended warranty).

Does anyone know if I can recover my season passes from the old TiVo and transfer them to the new one? TiVo automatically transferred the subscription to the new TiVo unit they mailed me.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:23 PM   #13
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmedic View Post
I had to send my Premiere in for an exchange (hard drive died; luckily I bought an extended warranty).

Does anyone know if I can recover my season passes from the old TiVo and transfer them to the new one? TiVo automatically transferred the subscription to the new TiVo unit they mailed me.
I think they both have to be active for the SP xfer to work