TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-31-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
BH9244

Unable to Delte item in Deleted Shows

I currently have 2 Tivo units in service specifically an elite unit and a premier on both tivos there is one deleted show in the deleted shows folder that I am unable to delete (different shows on each unit ), when I select the item and subsequently select permanently delete the unit doesn't reject the command but it seems to cycle back to a listing of the deleted items yet the item remains. I have tried restoring the show and re-deleting with the same result. Any ideas ? Txs
BH9244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
HomeUser

The file is probably locked by a remote transfer, a leftover pause in the View Window or some other event. If recovering the show and playing to the end does not allow you to permanently delete then it needs to be "unlocked" with a reboot of the DVR.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
BH9244

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeUser View Post
The file is probably locked by a remote transfer, a leftover pause in the View Window or some other event. If recovering the show and playing to the end does not allow you to permanently delete then it needs to be "unlocked" with a reboot of the DVR.

Thanks for the help this solved the issue on both units, FWIW on the Elite unit I tried to restore and recde a message indicating the show had already been removed ( it was still listed ),so I reset and was able to delete, on the Premier Unit I tried restore and play to end but wasn't able to delete,so went ahead and rebooted and following that was able to delete..

Appreciate your help.
BH9244 is offline   Reply With Quote