TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 06-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
DeDondeEs

The Daily Show

I noticed that The Daily Show isn't showing up on my to do list. This week Jon Oliver takes over for a good part of the summer, so I had perhaps thought they changed the title to the Daily Show with Jon Oliver or something, but it doesn't appear changed.
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #2
CraigK
(unspecified)

Mine showed up, but I'm using the Tupper Method™ rather than a Season Pass.

It's still called "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart" on my To Do list.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #3
LordKronos

I don't use TiVo anymore, but I do use mythtv, which get's its guide data from Tribune just like TiVo does, so I would expect it to be the same.

My mythtv box shows new episodes each Mon-Thu for the next 2 weeks. The show is still titled "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart". Monday's guest is Seth Rogen. What do you see airing at that time if you look in the guide? Is it just a generic episode listing?
LordKronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #4
sieglinde

My Daily Show is appearing on my To Do list as normal.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
MHunter1
TiVo Bug Hunter

Daily Show OK with John Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieglinde View Post
Daily Show is appearing on my To Do list as normal
No problems here either with the Daily Show. All 8 of the next 2 weeks' new episodes are scheduled to record.

I had to manually cancel next Monday's 9am and 7:30pm "humorous slant" repeats, but that's been customary for years. I find that canceling the nuisance repeats is more effective than using the Tupper Method because I record many news shows on CNN that always have the same description whether new or a repeat (like Fareed Zakaria, Candy Crowley, Your Money, and Sanjay Gupta).

I'm looking forward to John Oliver being the Daily Show's interim host. I like his standup comedy and am curious how he'll handle the guest interview segments.

If you can't pinpoint why your TiVo didn’t schedule these new episodes, try canceling the Season Pass and adding it back in the priority slot that previously scheduled the new episodes successfully.
MHunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote