TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #61
Jebberwocky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
I can see not excelling at physical challenges as a strategy--being lazy not so much.
it would be called the not depleting your energy strategy - usually not a good one on Survivor.
Jebberwocky! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #62
newsposter
Poster of News

i forget but didnt they have fire? if they did have fire, that means 'unlimited water', corrrect?

if so then he was a weenie always talking about being dehydrated

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #63
pmyers

My friend and I were having a debate:

If you are a Survivor.....how do you split the rice up? Do you just say everybody gets X scoops or do different people get different amounts?

I'd argue that it would be better for the tribe (at least at the begininng when you really need numbers) if the bigger people got more food than others based on weight. I'm sure that wouldn't go over very good with the small people though.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:36 AM   #64
fmowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
My friend and I were having a debate:

If you are a Survivor.....how do you split the rice up? Do you just say everybody gets X scoops or do different people get different amounts?

I'd argue that it would be better for the tribe (at least at the begininng when you really need numbers) if the bigger people got more food than others based on weight. I'm sure that wouldn't go over very good with the small people though.
But an average sized person getting up in the morning and grabbing firewood and fishing expends more energy than a slovenly 280 lb Marine sleeping in the hut 18 hours a day. Here's a novel approach. Don't work, don't eat. THAT would be a fun survivor dynamic.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:09 AM   #65
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushikitten View Post
None of the marines I know are like that.
Brianric, as a Navy vet, was making a joke based on the " big, strong, dumb rope puller" part of my post.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #66
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
But an average sized person getting up in the morning and grabbing firewood and fishing expends more energy than a slovenly 280 lb Marine sleeping in the hut 18 hours a day. Here's a novel approach. Don't work, don't eat. THAT would be a fun survivor dynamic.
But what if you are a 280lb man AND you are doing all the work...do you ask for more food? I just wonder how they've done it in past seasons.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #67
kettledrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Yeah...and I've heard that sometimes they will actually be auditioning for a different show but the casting people will use them for another show.
I seem to recall that one Survivor winner actually was trying to get on The Amazing Race, but they cast him on Survivor instead...
kettledrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #68
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kettledrum View Post
I seem to recall that one Survivor winner actually was trying to get on The Amazing Race, but they cast him on Survivor instead...
Yeah...most of these shows use casting companies and they will keep track of good "canidates" and submit them for a bunch of shows. They might think a particular person will work better on one show over another or some show might come to them and say we need a XY type of person to fill a spot and the casting company will already know of somebody that fits that persona.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #69
Doggie Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kettledrum View Post
Spoiler:
I think that was Parvati Shallow ("Cook Islands," "Micronesia: Fans vs. Favorites," and "All Stars").

Doggie Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #70
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
Plus that lazy marine has fat stores that he can live on while a 99 lb female does not. He can lose 15 lbs and actually end up more fit while if she lost even half that she would be hospitalized.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote