TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
replaytv
elects "cold sleep"

Connecting a expander to a unsubbed HD

I have a Tivo HD being used without a subcription as a security camera recorder. Can I add a expander drive without having to connect to the 'mothership' and causing the recording option to be shut down?
replaytv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
replaytv
elects "cold sleep"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivosupport_jacob View Post
Hey replaytv,

Just an FYI, when you purchase/activate any TiVo Series 4 Premiere (4/XL/XL4) TiVo, the 'Legacy' (Non-Premiere) TiVo then becomes eligible for Product Lifetime Service at $99...In case you were looking at upgrading.

What "Service State" is the TiVo in?:
From TiVo Central, select Messages & Settings > Account & System Information > System Information > Service State:_____

Thanks!
I have a Tivo premiere that I bought on eBay that came with lifetime service. Does that make me eligible for $99 lifetime on any other Series 3 or less Tivo that is currently out of service? I have never paid a monthly fee on any of my other Tivos that aren't in service. I have always had lifetime TiVos.

The Tivo HD has 'Good Standing' for the service state.
replaytv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #3
lrhorer

Quote:
If you need to connect, you will lose the manual recording feature. This feature is not supported by TiVo so if you lose it, we cannot help you get it back.
Huh?!? Are you saying in the 20.2.2 release, you have removed the ability to record by time & channel? You're kidding me!

As I understand it, it doesn't apply in any case, however, since unless I am mis-reading his post, he wants to continue to use the feature on a THD, which I absolutely know for a fact supports recording by time & channel.

Quote:
Just an FYI, when you purchase/activate any TiVo Series 4 Premiere (4/XL/XL4) TiVo, the 'Legacy' (Non-Premiere) TiVo then becomes eligible for Product Lifetime Service at $99...In case you were looking at upgrading.
Really? Does that include a leased / CATV owned Premiere? That offer does not show up in my account. I have an S3 and a THD with PLS, a leased Premiere, and an S3 on MTM service.
lrhorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:43 AM   #4
poppagene
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by replaytv View Post
I have a Tivo premiere that I bought on eBay that came with lifetime service. Does that make me eligible for $99 lifetime on any other Series 3 or less Tivo that is currently out of service? I have never paid a monthly fee on any of my other Tivos that aren't in service. I have always had lifetime TiVos.

The Tivo HD has 'Good Standing' for the service state.
Subscribe the Tivo HD and call up to cancel prior to the 30 day money back period. With any luck, you can persuade the csr to let you get lifetime on the tivo hd for $99. If yes, the first months fee will be credited towards the $99 lifetime. If not, cancel and the first months fee will be refunded.
poppagene is offline   Reply With Quote