TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-15-2013, 11:09 PM   #1
smbaker

Once Upon a Time S03E11 "Going Home"

When they put that binding on Peter Pan, I said to my girlfriend "You know he's just gonna take that silly thing off when he wakes up..."

That curse sure moves slow when it needs to.

They had a lot of confidence that beetle would start.

I had Felix's heart being torn out pegged last episode. Saw that one coming. Pity that Felix just stood there as Pan told him exactly what he was about to do, then slowly did it.

Could have done without the blue fairy being raised from the dead. Dead should be dead.

Spoilerized question about the preview for March's return:

Spoiler:
Who is that green witch?

smbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #2
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

I found it interesting how the curse fog that Grumpy claimed was "coming in from all directions" with "no way to escape" left them still able to make their way to the town limits and stand around there for what seemed like forever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbaker View Post

Spoiler:
Who is that green witch?
Spoiler:
Really? You didn't recognize the Wicked Witch of the West from Wizard of Oz? Or did you mean who was *playing* the green witch? If so, that's Rebecca Mader.

I'm just bummed it almost certainly won't include the mythology from Wicked, given that is currently licensed by Universal Pictures.

LoadStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:51 PM   #3
smbaker

I knew I recognized the symbology from somewhere, but just couldn't place it.

Spoiler:
so are we now going to get a tin man, a lion, and a scarecrow too? It'll be interesting to see Once Upon a Time's spin on that.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:56 PM   #4
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
I knew I recognized the symbology from somewhere, but just couldn't place it.

Spoiler:
so are we now going to get a tin man, a lion, and a scarecrow too? It'll be interesting to see Once Upon a Time's spin on that.
Spoiler:
I'd expect to see Glinda the Good or Dorothy before any of those.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:28 AM   #5
jamesl

Quote:

Spoiler:
Who is that green witch?
LOL

jamesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #6
tiassa
Me --Avatar

Did anyone else notice that as the green fog rolled over everything in Storybrooke, that (at least to my viewing) it carefully went around the "Big Book of Fairy Tales" left on Henry's bed.

My prediction: Henry and Emma will drive to "Nowhere, Maine" and discover the book as the key to getting to the Enchanted Forest

Vis-a-vis March:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
Spoiler:
I'd expect to see Glinda the Good or Dorothy before any of those.
Spoiler:

Nah, Emma will serve as Dorothy, Hook the Tin Man, Henry as the Scarecrow (or maybe Toto), and someone new, maybe Emma's new boyfriend as the Cowardly Lion.
Correction: Henry is the Tin Man (no heart) Hook is the Scarecrow

Last edited by tiassa : 12-16-2013 at 09:39 AM.
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #7
Vendikarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiassa View Post
Did anyone else notice that as the green fog rolled over everything in Storybrooke, that (at least to my viewing) it carefully went around the "Big Book of Fairy Tales" left on Henry's bed.

My prediction: Henry and Emma will drive to "Nowhere, Maine" and discover the book as the key to getting to the Enchanted Forest
I did notice that as well. Perhaps the book will magically contain new pages that will help Henry and Emma catch up.
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #8
smbaker

Proceeding from the assumption that Rumpel is too important a character to kill off, any thoughts on how they're going to rationalize bringing him back? There was no body, so certainly there's wiggle room for the writers. Maybe we'll get a more malevolent Rumpel back. The kinder gentler less manipulative self-sacrificing version doesn't necessarily make for good plots.

Did they give a reason why killing Pan also 'killed' Rumpel? or why the dark one's dagger was the appropriate weapon to kill Pan?

The writers need to be careful. Too much killing people off and bringing them immediately back (i.e. blue fairy, presumably Rumpel) is going to weaken the show.

Personally, I think Robbie Kay (Pan) deserves an award for his performance this season. I found his performance on the show second to only Robert Carlyle.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #9
Ereth

Quote:
I found it interesting how the curse fog that Grumpy claimed was "coming in from all directions" with "no way to escape" left them still able to make their way to the town limits and stand around there for what seemed like forever.

Spoiler:
Really? You didn't recognize the Wicked Witch of the West from Wizard of Oz? Or did you mean who was *playing* the green witch? If so, that's Rebecca Mader.

I'm just bummed it almost certainly won't include the mythology from Wicked, given that is currently licensed by Universal Pictures.
I agree with the spoiler, especially as the post-credits tagline was #Wickediscoming.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #10
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Personally, I think Robbie Kay (Pan) deserves an award for his performance this season. I found his performance on the show second to only Robert Carlyle.
I agree with this. I thought he did a fantatic job!
Old 12-17-2013, 12:06 AM   #11
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
8:15 am is a special time for them.

Do we know who put the book in Mary-Margaret's closet for her to find? Was it August? Gold?

I agree that the actor playing Pan was perfect... not only did he look like the classic Peter Pan, but his acting was awesome.

Ok, I'm not understanding all this cursing business going on. Pan stole "the curse" from Regina's vault. He chucked a bunch of stuff into the well, which I thought included "the curse". Then they switch Henry and Pan back and Henry has "the curse" in his hand. Did Pan just read/cast it and add the extra ingredients? Why didn't he destroy it so no one else could use it?

I thought it was kind of interesting that the voiceover on the coming episodes said
Spoiler:
that the sinister character "invades Storybrooke". Um, Storybrooke just got erased. Unless Regina's un-curse created a new one or something like that?

Plus we did see Rumpel in the preview, but who knows if that's a current scene or a flashback.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:19 AM   #12
smbaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinp13 View Post
Why didn't he destroy it so no one else could use it?
I think the point was that destroying the scroll undoes the curse.

Thus, Pan couldn't destroy it. He had to keep it safe somewhere, like Regina did.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:38 AM   #13
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Boy they sure seemed to be wrapping everything up for a series finale, then boom! time for another story arc.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #14
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
Boy they sure seemed to be wrapping everything up for a series finale, then boom! time for another story arc.
YES!! My thoughts exactly! As the episode went on I was saying to myself that it very much had a feel of a series finale. Especially when Emma and Henry drove off in the beetle (just in the nick of time, by the way) and the purple fog over powered the green fog. All of the story lines seemed to be taken care of. But then we go some time in the future to a happy Emma and Henry at home (was it NYC?) and I knew something was going to happen. But I was still surprised that it was Hook and that he tried to kiss Emma to make her remember.

So next season should be interesting!

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #15
Ereth

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
Yeah, for a bit there I thought the series was cancelled.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #16
pkscout

They have definitely done a good job creating new directions for the show. I will say, though, that the finale had some sloppy plot points, and I wish they had handled them better.

1- the previously mentioned curse coming from every direction except, apparently, the direction they needed to go
2- Balefire was not part of the original curse. He should have been able to leave with Henry and Emma. Undoing the curse shouldn't leave him in Wonderland. Of course we don't know if he ended up there, so maybe they just reset him in the real world so they could write the character off.
3- I figure at this point any character they bring back can just be excused away because Storybrooke never existed. Hopefully they won't do that too often, but it does allow them to bring back Gold as well as the original Sheriff if they want.

The rest of the issues I've been pondering can be summed up as timey-whimy. The fact that Storybrooke never existed confuses how any of the characters have grown or changed since they left Fairytale land. Or even what memories they would have.
pkscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #17
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkscout View Post
2- Balefire was not part of the original curse. He should have been able to leave with Henry and Emma. Undoing the curse shouldn't leave him in Wonderland. Of course we don't know if he ended up there, so maybe they just reset him in the real world so they could write the character off.
Although what you said is correct by the dialog in the show, in practice it seems that how it really worked was everyone who originated in "fairy tale land" was returned there, regardless how they arrived in Storybrooke.... with the exception of Emma, who was protected (somehow) by her status as "the savior." Therefore, by that rule, Baelfire was returned to "fairy tale land" along with the rest of the town.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #18
NJChris
Moogs!

Quote:
Although what you said is correct by the dialog in the show, in practice it seems that how it really worked was everyone who originated in "fairy tale land" was returned there, regardless how they arrived in Storybrooke.... with the exception of Emma, who was protected (somehow) by her status as "the savior." Therefore, by that rule, Baelfire was returned to "fairy tale land" along with the rest of the town.
I took that as if Emma stayed in Storybrooke she would be brought back to fairy tale land but Henry would not since he was not born there. Emma and Henry could leave storybrooke without losing their memories so they did. Anyone else (ok except Bael so don't know why he didn't go too) would have lost their memory like Belle did.
NJChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #19
TonyD79

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkscout View Post
They have definitely done a good job creating new directions for the show. I will say, though, that the finale had some sloppy plot points, and I wish they had handled them better. 1- the previously mentioned curse coming from every direction except, apparently, the direction they needed to go.
Just because a character says it, doesn't mean it is fact. It could been coming from multiple directions but not all, giving the impression to someone who was hysterical that it was coming from all. Even the, why assume all means 360 degrees. All could be north, south, east and west.

It was a fig, not a dome.