TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-13-2014, 06:35 PM   #241
JohnS-MI

Well, now CBS overruns on Saturday. If you are in Eastern/Central, and plan to record Reckless (finale) or anything else on CBS, the game was delayed, is at the end of 3rd Q now, and will run to 8:30 or later (EDT). Pad substantially. I set 1.5 h because I don't know if they will go straight to Reckless when the game ends.
JohnS-MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:32 PM   #242
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

Of course, CBS premiere Sunday, and football already long, is going into overtime.

Good game tho...
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 06:51 PM   #243
unitron

60 minutes started at 8:05:27 PM EDT

EDIT:

The time stamp on this post (7:51 pm) is like way wrong, and not in a one hour time zone difference way.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011

Last edited by unitron : 09-21-2014 at 07:02 PM.
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:25 PM   #244
unitron

But Madame Secretary started at 9:04:30 PM EDT.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:32 PM   #245
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
Still needed to be padded by 1.5 hours since that is the next option beyond 1 hour.

Edit: I'm stupid. I forgot that CBS delayed their schedule by 30 mins when they have a late game.

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"

Last edited by lpwcomp : 09-21-2014 at 08:42 PM.
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 08:37 PM   #246
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Still needed to be padded by 1.5 hours since that is the next option beyond 1 hour.
Here that was only 34 minutes late. Madame Secretary was supposed to start at 8:30. One hour should be more than sufficient.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:19 PM   #247
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
Here that was only 34 minutes late. Madame Secretary was supposed to start at 8:30. One hour should be more than sufficient.
I realized that before seeing your post and edited my post. Unfortunately, the change didn't get posted until after yours.I

Old 09-22-2014, 08:00 AM   #248
aaronwt
HD Addict

Didn't they show the Premiere of Madame Secretary Twice? The hour before The Good Wife and also in the hour after? I hope they still did since this is what it was showing in my guide so I recorded the broadcast that came after The Good wife. I had added 1.5 hours to the recording.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:21 AM   #249
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Didn't they show the Premiere of Madame Secretary Twice? The hour before The Good Wife and also in the hour after? I hope they still did since this is what it was showing in my guide so I recorded the broadcast that came after The Good wife. I had added 1.5 hours to the recording.
Looks like they canceled the second showing, at least here. My padded recording of "The Good Wife" has the local news at the end.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:08 AM   #250
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Quote:
Looks like they canceled the second showing, at least here. My padded recording of "The Good Wife" has the local news at the end.
CBS is their own worst enemy. I almost picked the second one to record, then decided on the first. Assuming it was cancelled everywhere, that would have pissed me off enough to drop the show sight unseen.

Really, a new show, lots of promos, and it starts late. If I'm CBS, I find a way, ANY way, to start that show on time. But as we've repeatedly discovered, CBS really doesn't care.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:08 AM   #251
waynomo
My One Time

Quote:
They showed it twice here. Seemed a little late. I wondering if it could have been after the local news, although I don't think that makes much sense.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:13 AM   #252
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Really, a new show, lots of promos, and it starts late. If I'm CBS, I find a way, ANY way, to start that show on time. But as we've repeatedly discovered, CBS really doesn't care.
Technically, they do care, but apparently about getting 60 Minutes shown for the baby boomers.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:27 PM   #253
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
CBS is their own worst enemy...If I'm CBS, I find a way, ANY way, to start that show on time. But as we've repeatedly discovered, CBS really doesn't care.
they do care, but it's in the order of ratings first, non-sports audience second.

as long as cbs continues receiving a sports audience bump in their sunday night ratings with their current formula, they'll keep scheduling as they do now. if it begins costing viewers(advertising dollars), we'll most definitely see a change.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:39 PM   #254
aindik

I didn't see it this week, but last week I got a push notification on my phone from the CBS app, telling me the start times for the Sunday prime time schedule. If they keep that a regular thing it could be pretty useful. I think they also tweet it.

Apologies if this is a smeek, I've only read the most recent page of the thread.
aindik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 01:50 PM   #255
waynomo
My One Time

This week the football went into overtime. I think it was running long even without that. At least they pushed the start time of 60 minutes to 7:30.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:20 PM   #256
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
They showed it twice here. Seemed a little late. I wondering if it could have been after the local news, although I don't think that makes much sense.
Could very well have been the local affilate's doing. They are constantly coming back late from local commercials and going to the local news early. I have just sent a stern e-mail to them complaining about that and telling them that I will be informing CBS.

Old 09-26-2014, 07:54 PM   #257
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Quote:
Originally Posted by aindik View Post
I didn't see it this week, but last week I got a push notification on my phone from the CBS app, telling me the start times for the Sunday prime time schedule. If they keep that a regular thing it could be pretty useful. I think they also tweet it.

Apologies if this is a smeek, I've only read the most recent page of the thread.
Bump, sorry for those who are subscribed for this thread via e-mail. I guess I will state that Eye Alerts said Sunday may be delayed again. So those setting up SP for the new shows be sure to add your pad to Madam Secretary SP and if you have a SP for CSI make sure to go add the pad there. Also those who have an old SP for Amazing Race you can remove the padding there (I just remember that one!)

So anyway, to respond to this post, I signed up for the CBS Eye Alerts via text which was awesome as the weeks which I could be affected CBS would text me a few days prior and then they would text the new start times on Sunday (if applicable) which I could then go and adjust my Tivo accordingly. Now I have to either remember to check Twitter or download a new app. I am not happy about this at all!

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:18 PM   #258
JohnS-MI

In selected markets, with late game, CBS ran 15 minutes over, so pad any CBS shows (EDT/CDT) by 15 minutes or more. CBS.com is scrolling a delay warning, but not the pad yet. Should be up in a few minutes.

Edit: The 15 minute delay was posted by 7:20 EDT (pretty good) on the Facebook pages for Madam Secretary, The Good Wife, and CSI, but still isn't on the scroll at CBS.com, only the possibility of a delay, at 7:35 (pretty bad). Looks like the fastest pad for the night's delay (other than watching for 60 Minute clock) is any of the facebook pages.

I don't have iPhone, so I don't know if the text push is working promptly.

Last edited by JohnS-MI : 09-28-2014 at 06:39 PM.
JohnS-MI is offline   Reply With Quote