TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #31
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
I always use component (not HDMI) and the problem has always been there on 2 different component-connected Premiere units. As I theorized in the thread I posted above I think it's a fundamental video decoding issue as part of Series 4 hardware. I still think S3 OLED units have the best mpeg2 decoding capabilities in the TiVo hardware line.
Hmmm.... Whatever the reason, I miss the HELL out of 30SS. I've sunk down to using FF now... I try to look at it as the price I pay to have four tuners....
Old 05-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #32
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I always use component (not HDMI) and the problem has always been there on 2 different component-connected Premiere units. As I theorized in the thread I posted above I think it's a fundamental video decoding issue as part of Series 4 hardware. I still think S3 OLED units have the best mpeg2 decoding capabilities in the TiVo hardware line.
By the way... Does using component bypass all that Copy Protection crap they put on TiVo? If I buy a UFC PPV (sports) it starts deleting it after 90 minutes... Is that an HDMI thing? Probably not, but one can hope...
Old 05-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #33
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
By the way... Does using component bypass all that Copy Protection crap they put on TiVo? If I buy a UFC PPV (sports) it starts deleting it after 90 minutes... Is that an HDMI thing? Probably not, but one can hope...
No, that's TiVo honoring CCI byte settings (which they are required to do for CableLabs approval).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #34
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
No, that's TiVo honoring CCI byte settings (which they are required to do for CableLabs approval).
I thought so... How much does it suck that the approval only applies to third party boxes? Comcast DVR's can keep PPV's for as long as you like. Of course there's only room for about four... but at least they stick around for awhile.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #35
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post
I thought so... How much does it suck that the approval only applies to third party boxes? Comcast DVR's can keep PPV's for as long as you like. Of course there's only room for about four... but at least they stick around for awhile.
I suggest complaining to the FCC about that. I have no citation, but if cable company equipment behaves differently than customer owned equipment, that sounds bad..
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:08 PM   #36
bareyb
Under Maintenance

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
I suggest complaining to the FCC about that. I have no citation, but if cable company equipment behaves differently than customer owned equipment, that sounds bad..
They already know. It's common knowledge. Just another way the Cable Co's have an unfair advantage.