TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
dbouchon

Issue with Xfinity on demand on Tivo Premiere

Hello,

I am one of the lucky users who is in one of the right locations in the SF Bay and now have Xfinity on Demand on my Premiere Elite!

It worked very well last week ... for a couple of days, until Saturday.

Since Saturday (4/14), I can still access Xfinity on Demand, browse the shows / movies, see which are free or for a charge, and select one.
But when I select "Watch now", I am getting a black screen and, a few seconds later, an error message saying I should try disconnecting and reconnecting the cable, and if that does not work, I should contact Comcast with error number: SRM-8001.

I did the cable disconnect / reconnect - did not help.
I restarted the tivo box a few times - did not help.
I called Comcast, who had no idea what I was talking about (told me Tivo does not support on demand ...).

I have a Comcast tech coming over on Saturday, but am wondering if he'll be able to help ... wondering if the issue is on the tivo end or comcast end...

Frustrating, as it was working beautifully until Saturday....

Any Suggestions?

Thanks,

Dominique
dbouchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
Xab

Sorry to hear you are having problems. I would honestly scrap your service call, since the tech that comes out is most likely going to just be completely confused about your equipment situation, and/or just blame it on the Cablecard. I think your best bet might be to call TiVo support, they might have a department that is dealing with the issues that pop up with the new On Demand Comcast thing. But the majority of Comcast people are likely going to be in the dark about it.
Xab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
rhettf
R3T1CAL

theres been reports of needing to re do the cable card pairing.
rhettf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
dbouchon

Follow-up:

the tech comcast person came in today, and I have to say, solved the problem quickly.

Apparently, when I added a few new channels last week, for some reason comcast removed on-demand from my cable card channel line up ... the guy corrected that configuration and now everything works beautifully...

Good luck to all!

D.
dbouchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbouchon View Post
Follow-up:

the tech comcast person came in today, and I have to say, solved the problem quickly.

Apparently, when I added a few new channels last week, for some reason comcast removed on-demand from my cable card channel line up ... the guy corrected that configuration and now everything works beautifully...

Good luck to all!

D.
In other words, all he really did was pair the card properly.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote