TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-06-2014, 08:57 AM   #1
lambertman
Not single!

RIP Geoff Edwards ("Treasure Hunt")

Geoff passed at 83 yesterday due to complications from pneumonia.

http://www.latimes.com/obituaries/la...#axzz2vBtXZHgp

Best known for "Treasure Hunt", which he hosted for eight years; a new generation knew him as the host of the arcade game show "Starcade" in the early '80s (with recent reruns on G4 when that channel launched).

Also hosted two of the three versions of "Jackpot!", the '90s remake of "Chain Reaction" and a slew of others (plus appeared as a regular on "The Bobby Darin Show" in 1973), but his news and radio careers are just as impressive - as a young reporter, he was on-scene when Lee Harvey Oswald was shot. he had been working as a travel writer most recently.

I can't say I met Geoff, but I was on a conference call with him once, and I was FB friends with him for a long time. He was a wonderful guy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and elsewhere
Play-by-play announcer at .... let me get back to you
lambertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:15 AM   #2
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
The name sounds familiar but I don't rememeber ever seeing any of the shows listed.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:04 AM   #3
busyba
The Funcooker

Treasure Hunt was the game with the long staircase that eas lined with gift wrapped boxes, each containing a different prize amount, right? I really liked that game when I was a kid, probably because of all the gift wrapped boxes.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:10 PM   #4
Hot4Bo
Finally an Avatar!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I remember going to a taping of Treasure Hunt as a kid.

Hot4Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #5
calitivo

Jackpot was one of my favorite game shows. He also was the California lottery host for a long time.
calitivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:58 PM   #6
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

He hosted MANY game shows over the years, including the California Lottery Big Spin for probably 15 years or more.

Big Spin

I will most fondly remember him, however, as the host of Starcade.

Starcade

RIP Geoff Edwards

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:11 PM   #7
cannonz

Didn't hit me till gchance posted pic of Starcade, I just faintly remember it was on TBS if I remember correctly.
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:12 PM   #8
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonz View Post
Didn't hit me till gchance posted pic of Starcade, I just faintly remember it was on TBS if I remember correctly.
It may have been on TBS. It was a syndicated show back in the day, they showed it when all us kiddies got home from school. I wanted to be on that show so freaking bad. Check out the middle aged weirdo contestant. :P

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:32 PM   #9
astrohip
Stuart F

http://kenlevine.blogspot.com/2014/0...f-edwards.html
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote