TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-02-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
BlueOtto

TivoHD - one channel freezes intermittantly

I have a TivoHD over OTA with a strange issue. It seems that often times when I turn the TV on in the morning, I find that it is frozen from the last time it was turned off. Just that single channel is frozen -- if I change the channel, the other channels work, but that original channel remains frozen. From putzing around, I found that if I go into the signal strength screen, it will clear it out and fix that channel.

Any ideas as to what is happening or how I can fix this strange phenomenon?
BlueOtto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

I have had a situation where I've turned on the TV and the live TV buffer would be frozen, but I still have the ability to rewind and play back what is in the buffer.
It only required a channel change to get that tuner going again.

This is on a TivoHD I have in my bedroom that is mainly used as a backup and rarely gets used.

I think it may be a signal issue because I have never seen that behavior on my main TivoHD that's hooked up with a better antenna.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:48 PM   #3
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOtto View Post
I have a TivoHD over OTA with a strange issue. It seems that often times when I turn the TV on in the morning, I find that it is frozen from the last time it was turned off. Just that single channel is frozen -- if I change the channel, the other channels work, but that original channel remains frozen. From putzing around, I found that if I go into the signal strength screen, it will clear it out and fix that channel.

Any ideas as to what is happening or how I can fix this strange phenomenon?
If it's frozen and you change the channel and then when you go back to it it's still frozen, perhaps when you changed the channel it actually switched you over to the other tuner and left the first one tied up with that frozen channel.

Maybe it has something to do with signal strength and all that, but whenever a TiVo (S2s and S3s, anyway) has a strange symptom, consider the possibility of a power supply problem caused by "capacitor plague".

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote