Originally Posted by TZR916
Thinking of getting a Stream.
1. If I stream to my iPad and connect it's hdmi to a 50" screen, how's it gonna look? What video resolution and bitrate is getting to the iPad over wifi?
2. Does streaming use a tuner on the Elite? Or affect any other usage/features of the Elite?
3. Is there a setup fee or subscription charge on the Stream?
1. The TiVo iOS app does not support hdmi out to a 50" screen.
2. That depends. If you choose to stream a program that has already been recorded than No. If you want to watch live TV (something that isn't already being recored) than the Stream will hijack a tuner.
3. There is no setup fee or subscription charge on the Stream.