TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
Teeps

Wireless Networking Causes XL 4 to Reboot

Here is a case in which wireless networking causes TiVo XL 4 to reboot during the "transfer program" feature.
Specifically, programs are on a S-3, to be transfered to XL 4, via wireless bridge.

Problem:
After selecting a program on a Series 3 to be transferred to a XL 4.
The XL 4 reboots.
Also noted: on the S-3 I could select programs on the XL 4 to be transferred; but they would not complete.

Problem started:
After, swapping a time warner supplied cable modem, for a new Zoom Model 5350 Cable Modem w/4 port router and "N" wireless.
The "5350" was default configured, except to set primary network ssid, and enable WEP encryption and set the password.

Troubleshooting results:
With limited info supplied on Zoom cd and online, I was not comfortable with changing settings I knew little about. So, I turned off the built in wireless in the Zoom. Re connected the original stand alone wireless router. (Original wireless router is connected to Zoom cable modem router output.)

Programs can now be transfered to XL 4 and no reboot, and from XL 4 to the S-3.

Solution?
If anyone can help with wireless setup for the Zoom. I would be willing to give it another go. Their user manual leaves a lot to be desired...

Otherwise, the Zoom will be replaced with a Motorola SB6141 modem.
The SB6141 modem will connect to old wireless router (that is working.)
Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote