TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-14-2014, 08:23 PM   #1
Kdlm77

Series 2 channel changing issues

I have TWC cable. They recently updated to digital channels. My Series2 won't change channels with the DTA box and IR cables. I have tried numerous codes and nothing is working. I have tried 3 sets of IR cables, 2 calls to Tivo and 2 techs from TWC have come out in the last 2 weeks. Can someone give me any other ideas? I love my Tivo and have a lifetime on 2 units that I cannot use as they are.
Thanks
Kdlm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:15 PM   #2
cannonz

Confirm the blaster works, look at bulb thru digital camera should flash when tivo should be changing channels. Use Scientific Atlanta codes ( is probably 10014-A, Digits 1, Enter NO, like Brighthouse here). Can put in manually if you don't want to go thru guided set up again. http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/...MtbA%3D%3D#ogs Should get this too more reliable. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tivo-IR-Blas...item4aa489f254
cannonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:48 AM   #3
Kdlm77

I have verified the IR blasters are working using the camera view finder. None of the codes I have tried are working. The DTA is an RCA brand. I have tried all the codes listed for it and more. Is there anything else I can try?
Thanks so much for the above advice. At least I now know the blasters ARE working. My Tivo just won't change channels with the DTA. Each unit changes channels separately, but not together, if that makes sense.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:45 PM   #4
cannonz

Plug the receiving eye that came with the DTA into it, aim Tivo blaster at it (maybe have someone hold them perfectly aimed at each other while testing) is more sensitive than eye built into DTA. The brand on box doesn't matter it's what ever codes your cable company uses, most TWC's and Brighthouse use Scientific Atlanta. The cable company and Tivo both should be able to tell you that.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:36 PM   #5
Kdlm77

Ok, I tried holding the receiving eye to the blasters. It is still not changing channels. As for the code, I asked the TWC tech who came to my house about the code and he told me TWC would not give the code out help a Tivo customer. The 2 Tivo techs I talked to on the phone had me try various codes and none of them worked and they told me they couldn't help me any further. I feel like I am fighting a losing battle between DVR service wars. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:13 PM   #6
cannonz

What area are you in? Could try posting here, more likely to be seen by someone near you who found right code. http://www.dslreports.com/forum/twc
Old 08-17-2014, 10:21 PM   #7
Kdlm77

I am in Evansville, Indiana. Just north of the Ohio river from Kentucky at the tip of Southern IN. Thanks!
Old 08-17-2014, 11:02 PM   #8
cannonz

Did you ask if other models of DTA's were available? You would think the techs would have tried another brand if available but sounds like they didn't care too much. They might have the Cisco 170HD.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:50 AM   #9
ggieseke

98% of the DTAs ever built use code 10104. There are also a few Cisco DTAs that use 10014, and one Evolution box used by WOW Cable that's on code 10084.

Look for the Advanced option in the Channel Changing menus to get to the screen where you can select the codes manually. The "B"version (like 10104-B) is usually the best choice.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:26 AM   #10
fylcsm

there is no specific to DTA codes would use same as every DVR and converter on a system, for remote compatibility if nothing else.
fylcsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:30 AM   #11
fylcsm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdlm77 View Post
Ok, I tried holding the receiving eye to the blasters. It is still not changing channels. As for the code, I asked the TWC tech who came to my house about the code and he told me TWC would not give the code out help a Tivo customer. The 2 Tivo techs I talked to on the phone had me try various codes and none of them worked and they told me they couldn't help me any further. I feel like I am fighting a losing battle between DVR service wars. Thanks for your help.
What code They use is no secret, call and ask TWC why tech would say that I don't know maybe He didn't know.
fylcsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:39 AM   #12
shwru980r

Verify you have the IR blaster plugged into the IR port and not the Serial port on the back of the Tivo. The Serial and IR ports are identical. The Serial port is on the top and the IR port is on the bottom.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._tivo_back.jpg

Premiere-$99 Lifetime-OTA
HD-Lifetime-OTA
S3 OLED-Lifetime-OTA
shwru980r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:45 PM   #13
Kdlm77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggieseke View Post
98% of the DTAs ever built use code 10104. There are also a few Cisco DTAs that use 10014, and one Evolution box used by WOW Cable that's on code 10084.

Look for the Advanced option in the Channel Changing menus to get to the screen where you can select the codes manually. The "B"version (like 10104-B) is usually the best choice.
THANK YOU! The 10104 code worked! I can't believe I have my Tivo back after almost 3 weeks of trying different codes and set ups. I appreciate you help so much. Thanks!
Old 08-19-2014, 08:53 AM   #14
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdlm77 View Post
THANK YOU! The 10104 code worked! I can't believe I have my Tivo back after almost 3 weeks of trying different codes and set ups. I appreciate you help so much. Thanks!
Even the people on here who hate each other so much you hate to see them in the same thread will bust a gut to help each other with a TiVo-related problem.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote