TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
smoberly

MOCA networking issue

I have Time Warner cable with Tuning Adapters and two premieres that are currently configured with one premiere hard wired in to my AT&T Uverse gateway, and the other connected via a TiVo wireless N adapter. In spite of the fact that the two TiVo's are on opposite sides of the wall from each other, two feet as the crow flies, the ability to stream between the two is very poor at best. So, I decided to set up a MOCA network...purchased my Actiontec adapters, and then realized that my AT&T Uverse internet connects to the gateway via a traditional telephone line. Since the MOCA adapter has to be connected from the source via coax, it appears that my plan will not work.

Is anyone aware of another option? I called TiVo technical support and they were not able to help. I called AT&T technical support and they were not able to help....

Can anyone here help, or am I stuck with my current ineffective means of streaming between my two TiVo's.

Thank you.
smoberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
snarler

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoberly View Post
I have Time Warner cable with Tuning Adapters and two premieres that are currently configured with one premiere hard wired in to my AT&T Uverse gateway, and the other connected via a TiVo wireless N adapter. In spite of the fact that the two TiVo's are on opposite sides of the wall from each other, two feet as the crow flies, the ability to stream between the two is very poor at best. So, I decided to set up a MOCA network...purchased my Actiontec adapters, and then realized that my AT&T Uverse internet connects to the gateway via a traditional telephone line. Since the MOCA adapter has to be connected from the source via coax, it appears that my plan will not work.

Is anyone aware of another option? I called TiVo technical support and they were not able to help. I called AT&T technical support and they were not able to help....

Can anyone here help, or am I stuck with my current ineffective means of streaming between my two TiVo's.

Thank you.
Assuming you have the coax in your walls already and jacks where the TiVos are, why not just get a cheap switch, put it with the hard wired TiVo, plug the switch into the gateway, plug the moca and current wired TiVo into the switch, then plug the current wireless TiVo into the second moca?
snarler is offline   Reply With Quote