TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-18-2013, 07:52 AM   #1
newsposter
Poster of News

last resort 1 17 13

i watched this relatively closely and didnt see the reason why he changed his plans and instead shot himself. obviously having the gun handy was either a backup plan or THE plan from the start

was daddy getting on AF1 supposed to mean he was the mastermind?

i want one of those briefcases that scramble my signal !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
GAViewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsposter View Post
i watched this relatively closely and didnt see the reason why he changed his plans and instead shot himself. obviously having the gun handy was either a backup plan or THE plan from the start

was daddy getting on AF1 supposed to mean he was the mastermind?

i want one of those briefcases that scramble my signal !
I assume the man that came up and whispered something to him was the cause. I can imagine him saying something like "the jig is up, if you don't admit it, we will do something to your family, friends, etc."
GAViewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
newsposter
Poster of News

if i worked in govt id be sure to have no family nor friends

!

Old 01-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #4
GAViewer

One thing that bugs me is that there apparently is only one copy of memory card with the Pakistan video. Logically they should have made multiple copies, one for at least every member of the conspiracy. Then each member could have made copies, and scattered all over the place, some with directions "If I disappear or go to jail, send a copy to the major networks."

Of course this same problem is in lots of fiction, including "Star Wars." Princess Leia should have given R2D2 a copy hid a copy on the ship for Vader to handle. Also whoever gave Leia a copy should have kept a copy and when she was captured start sending a copy by a different route.
GAViewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #5
Craigbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAViewer View Post
One thing that bugs me is that there apparently is only one copy of memory card with the Pakistan video. Logically they should have made multiple copies, one for at least every member of the conspiracy. Then each member could have made copies, and scattered all over the place, some with directions "If I disappear or go to jail, send a copy to the major networks."

Of course this same problem is in lots of fiction, including "Star Wars." Princess Leia should have given R2D2 a copy hid a copy on the ship for Vader to handle. Also whoever gave Leia a copy should have kept a copy and when she was captured start sending a copy by a different route.
But then you run afoul of all the DRM associated with the data. You know you're not allowed to make more than one copy for personal use.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #6
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigbob View Post
But then you run afoul of all the DRM associated with the data. You know you're not allowed to make more than one copy for personal use.
Oh, right, like Leia's gonna bother reading the EULA.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:55 AM   #7
Church AV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Oh, right, like Leia's gonna bother reading the EULA.
I feel very strongly that she would ignre the FBI warning at the start of the death star plans file.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it. - JOA
Church AV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:53 AM   #8
nyny523
Oy

I have no idea how they are going to wrap this whole thing up in 1 more episode, but I think the entire thing has gone off the rails since they announced the cancellation.

I will stick it out since I have come this far, but unless something really cool happens next week, this has been a waste of time...
Old 01-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #9
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
I have no idea how they are going to wrap this whole thing up in 1 more episode, but I think the entire thing has gone off the rails since they announced the cancellation.

I will stick it out since I have come this far, but unless something really cool happens next week, this has been a waste of time...
Nuke DC!

dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #10
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:

Triple this. It's just a giant mess. I should have checked out weeks ago, but thought they would have a cool wrapup to the series. But unless it's the slickest piece of writing ever, there's no way it can save this morass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dswallow View Post
Nuke DC!
Once Chaplin realized the coup was out-maneuvered and he was once again left holding his sub in his hand, that's what I yelled out. Just warm up the nukes and take out DC.

Doubt they have the budget for that...

Last edited by astrohip : 01-20-2013 at 05:38 PM. Reason: grammar mistake
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #11
WO312

Quote:

Agree 100%. The only thing I can think of is this episode was filmed before the cancellation, and next week there will be a dramatic reversal and the coup will succeed. Anything else and this will have been a total waste.

It is bothersome to me that at the end ABC said next week is the SEASON finale, not series finale. So probably there is a cliffhanger and there will never be a resolution. We'll see.
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #12
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

I was bummed out that we didn't see a Coup d'état

I really thought it was gonna go down. Now I don't have a clue as to what they do next.

jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #13
Flop

Only thing I can think is they make the video public, Pres resigns/suicides, sub goes home.
Flop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #14
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WO312 View Post
Agree 100%. The only thing I can think of is this episode was filmed before the cancellation, and next week there will be a dramatic reversal and the coup will succeed. Anything else and this will have been a total waste.

It is bothersome to me that at the end ABC said next week is the SEASON finale, not series finale. So probably there is a cliffhanger and there will never be a resolution. We'll see.
I noticed that too. Are the producers going to try and sell this to another network?
Old 01-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #15
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post

I really thought it was gonna go down. Now I don't have a clue as to what they do next.
Which is why I don't think they are going to tie this up. If the series was going to have a second season, not having the coup makes sense. But now what? How do they end this without the coup?
Old 01-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #16
nyny523
Oy

If they screw us and don't give us the ending they promised, I am gonna be PISSED!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #17
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
If they screw us and don't give us the ending they promised, I am gonna be PISSED!
I don't care enough about this show anymore to be pissed either way. After the first 3 episodes I actually thought it was the best new series of the season. Now? I couldn't care less that it's being cancelled, just want to see how it ends.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #18
sieglinde

I have watched other shows that ended in a cliff hanger and then were not renewed. Alphas comes to mind. But I don't really care. It is just a TV show.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #19
Vendikarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Which is why I don't think they are going to tie this up. If the series was going to have a second season, not having the coup makes sense. But now what? How do they end this without the coup?
While I wish they had gone ahead with the coup, I will be happy if the little gangster is dead by the end of the series.
Vendikarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #20
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
I don't care enough about this show anymore to be pissed either way. After the first 3 episodes I actually thought it was the best new series of the season. Now? I couldn't care less that it's being cancelled, just want to see how it ends.
I will be pissed only because they PROMISED us a gangbuster ending when they learned the show was cancelled.

I never would have stayed with it from that point without the promise.

So they had better deliver...
Old 01-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #21
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
When the series was cancelled, my understanding was that there were more episodes to shoot (more than 1) and that they were going to wrap it up.

jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #22
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
When the series was cancelled, my understanding was that there were more episodes to shoot (more than 1) and that they were going to wrap it up.
The shows creators PROMISED that this would happen.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #23
Idearat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flop View Post
Only thing I can think is they make the video public, Pres resigns/suicides, sub goes home.
As I watched the coup being planned, without us ever seeing directly that the president was behind the original conspiracy, I kept feeling like the people we were seeing were the real bad guys.

They organize the impeachment, but that doesn't go as well or as quickly as planned, so they do the whole Pakistan thing. The planted nuke wasn't to fool the world, but the president. He does order the strike and the sub disobeys, ticking him off. Knowing that the secret plot to implicate Pakistan isn't so secret anymore, the coup planners instead try to make it look like the president is behind the setup.

If/when the president sees the video ( no one has tried to show him because they think he already knows ) he realizes he's been duped and pardons all the sub's crew.
Idearat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #24
zalusky

24 used the 4 quarter method where each 6 episodes there was a new bad guy and threat. I suspect they would have went that way as well.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #25
WO312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idearat View Post
As I watched the coup being planned, without us ever seeing directly that the president was behind the original conspiracy, I kept feeling like the people we were seeing were the real bad guys.

They organize the impeachment, but that doesn't go as well or as quickly as planned, so they do the whole Pakistan thing. The planted nuke wasn't to fool the world, but the president. He does order the strike and the sub disobeys, ticking him off. Knowing that the secret plot to implicate Pakistan isn't so secret anymore, the coup planners instead try to make it look like the president is behind the setup.

If/when the president sees the video ( no one has tried to show him because they think he already knows ) he realizes he's been duped and pardons all the sub's crew.
Hmmm, interesting idea. Could be. At least we could get a wrap.
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #26
newsposter
Poster of News

Quote:

do you want a coupe de ville?

Quote:
I will be pissed only because they PROMISED us a gangbuster ending when they learned the show was cancelled.

I never would have stayed with it from that point without the promise.

So they had better deliver...
did you save you receipt for a refund?

it will be just like stargate, the end of the world buildup then at minute 55 right out of commercial the asgard will come in and wrap it up

!

Old 01-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #27
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
....Once Chaplin realized the coup was out-maneuvered and he was once again left holding his sub in his hand....
I laffed at this.
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote