TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
opus472

ToDo List switching channels

I set the Tivo to record a program on FXHD. Check the ToDo List the next day, and the recording channel has been switched to FXSD. So I change it back to HD. This usually works, but sometimes it switches to the SD channel again. Any idea what might be going on?
opus472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #2
mattack

Was it a manual recording (i.e. you specifically set the recording) or an autorecording wishlist? Pre-Premiere, ARWLs prefer lower #d stations, and on the Premiere, they seem to prefer higher #d stations.

If it was a manual recording you did, I'm not sure what happened, though if it somehow thought the channel went away, it can reschedule them.. that's highly unlikely though.

If you NEVER want to record the SD channel, you might want to remove the SD channel from your lineup as a lame workaround.

I have most HD channels removed so that my various ARWLs don't accidentally catch a show on a HD channel and cause a bunch of shows to be nuked.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:56 AM   #3
opus472

Thanks mattack. It was a manual recording, not a wish list item. Happens all the time, not sure why. Also happens occasionally with TNT.
opus472 is offline   Reply With Quote