TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
Gerryex

The Borgias - 4/15 ** Spoilers **

Hi ALL,

A pretty good series. Not quite as good at The Game of Thrones but still pretty good.

Its also kind of confusing (but not as much as GOT!)

There was one scene that I didn't follow at all. There was a man tied up on a rack and was being either tortured or was dead already but being cut up by some official. The guy doing the cutting was talking to some other official. Did we meet any of these men before? If so I completely forgot about them.

Could some one please explain the meaning of this scene?

Thanks,
Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
john4200

The guy being tortured (and finally added to the taxidermological Last Supper) was Prince Alfonso of Naples, who played a bigger role last season, when everyone seemed to want alliance with (or dominion over) Naples.

King Charles ordered it done to the Prince because he was upset over the Prince leaving plague infected bodies all over Naples to thwart Charles's conquest of the city.

Last edited by john4200 : 04-18-2012 at 07:47 PM.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
The guy being tortured (and finally added to the taxidermological Last Supper) was Prince Alfonso of Naples, who played a bigger role last season, when everyone seemed to want alliance with (or dominion over) Naples.

King Charles ordered it done to the Prince because he was upset over the Prince leaving plague infected bodies all over Naples to thwart Charles's conquest of the city.
Was Prince Alfonso the one in a previous episode where he is wearing rags (I forget where they found him) and then he thinks he is saved by King Charles and starts to eat at a large banquet table and then King Charles orders him to be taken away. If so now I remember who he is.

Its very hard to keep track of all the different characters!!

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryex View Post
Was Prince Alfonso the one in a previous episode where he is wearing rags (I forget where they found him) and then he thinks he is saved by King Charles and starts to eat at a large banquet table and then King Charles orders him to be taken away.
Yes, that was Alfonso. He was "hiding" from King Charles, but Charles's men chased him down and brought him back.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote