TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

"Breaking Bad" to get companion show "Talking Bad"

Geez...where will this end? I'm am NOT a fan of Walking Dead's companion show Talking Dead. Now, AMC is apparently planning a similar effort for the last eight episodes of Breaking Bad....ugh.
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
Amnesia
The Question

What's the problem? Just don't watch.
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
What's the problem? Just don't watch.
The problem, at least with the Walking Dead companion show, is that in the episode threads to discuss the main show, people post about what happens and is discussed on the companion show, often without spoiler tags or even referencing that it was on a different show. It's happened to me more than once I've read a post in a Walking Dead thread having absolutely no clue what it was talking about, only to realize it was something that happened on The Talking Dead.

There was a small dust-up in a TWD thread and those who watch Talking Dead have gotten better about spoiler tagging their posts since.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #4
Hank
AC•FTW

Agreed. Do not want.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #5
danterner
Not it!

I really enjoy listening to the Breaking Bad Insider podcast. As long as this doesn't replace that, I'm okay with it. It's easy not to watch.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #6
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

What Zevida said....believe me, I have no plans to watch. It's the numb-skulls that bring it up in the episode threads.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #7
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

I love to talk about tv shows. That's what TCF is for. I don't need Chris Hardwick for that.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:50 AM   #8
Peter000

I'll watch it.
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #9
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

More "Breaking Bad" related stuff is good

jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #10
billboard_NE
North Shore MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
More "Breaking Bad" related stuff is good
I agree, I watched some of the Talking Dead, I thought they were very careful about not revealing anything about future episodes? More is better.
billboard_NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #11
Hoffer
Captain Chaos

I just finished watching a series on Cinemax called "Hunted". The On Demand version had like a 2-3 minute interview with the producer and star about the episode that just aired. I've got to say that I really enjoyed watching those. They cleared up a lot of stuff that I found confusing while watching the show.

I understand people don't like any spoilers for future episodes. I do like the idea of them doing a review of the show that just aired.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #12
rrrobinsonjr

During those 8 weeks I will live, dream, eat Breaking Bad. I will crave constant Breaking Bad. I will make Heisenberg doodles during meetings. I will go up to random strangers to talk Breaking Bad even if they don't watch it. I will be stalking Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston on the internet. I'll even tweet Betsy Brandt if she is on Twitter! I will buy the Blue Rock Candy in bulk. I will count the minutes between each new episode.....

...Yeah this show is a horrible idea.
rrrobinsonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #13
CraigK
(unspecified)

I watch Talking Dead mainly for the insight from the writers/directors and actors on the show and the behind-the-scenes stories. I can do without the live audience, poll, and fans questions.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:34 PM   #14
Michael S

I'm guessing Chris Hardwick will be hosting this show also?
Michael S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #15
Odds Bodkins
Doug's Dad

Why Do They Do This???
Odds Bodkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #16
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odds Bodkins View Post
Why Do They Do This???
Same reason they put any show on: because they feel they'll make money.

I don't see what the big deal is. Presumably you don't watch every single show on AMC, do you? You occasionally watch other channels? So one of the times when you watch another channel can be when this show is on.

I don't plan to watch this show either, but I'd take it in a hearbeat over "The Bachelor"...
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #17
billboard_NE
North Shore MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrrobinsonjr View Post
I'll even tweet Betsy Brandt if she is on Twitter!
...Yeah this show is a horrible idea.
She is, and she is pretty active @betsy_brandt
billboard_NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #18
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
The problem, at least with the Walking Dead companion show, is that in the episode threads to discuss the main show, people post about what happens and is discussed on the companion show, often without spoiler tags or even referencing that it was on a different show. It's happened to me more than once I've read a post in a Walking Dead thread having absolutely no clue what it was talking about, only to realize it was something that happened on The Talking Dead.

There was a small dust-up in a TWD thread and those who watch Talking Dead have gotten better about spoiler tagging their posts since.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
What Zevida said....believe me, I have no plans to watch. It's the numb-skulls that bring it up in the episode threads.
Yup. What they just said. The problem is when people post Talking Bad info in Breaking Bad threads ... cause it is going to happen. I hope there will be separate threads for Talking Bad eps and for Breaking Bad eps. Then the people who choose to watch both can enjoy both threads without frustrating/aggravating everybody else.

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #19
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post

Yup. What they just said. The problem is when people post Talking Bad info in Breaking Bad threads ... cause it is going to happen. I hope there will be separate threads for Talking Bad eps and for Breaking Bad eps. Then the people who choose to watch both can enjoy both threads without frustrating/aggravating everybody else.
NOOOOOOOOO!! We had this same discussion in The Walking Dead threads and reached the conclusion that a separate thread for Talking Dead was pointless and overkill. Talking Dead is basically just a televised version of these threads we have discussing the show, except they have actual writers and producers giving insight about the production of the episode. They don't ever give spoilers info about upcoming episodes other than a short clip from the upcoming episode, and people are smart enough to spoiler tag discussion of those.

If you split this discussion into two threads, you'd end up with lots of duplication, lots of confusion.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #20
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
If you split this discussion into two threads, you'd end up with lots of duplication, lots of confusion.
I agree. As long as people spoilerize "The discussion below was on Talking Bad..." that there won't be split threads and confusion.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:54 PM   #21
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
....If you split this discussion into two threads, you'd end up with lots of duplication, lots of confusion.
...and this is a problem how?