TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
tiassa
Me --Avatar

iPhone app -- Todo list

Is the ToDo list a "Premiere only" function? When I try to connect to either of my Tivo HD's all I get is the "Waiting" screen.
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #2
substance12

i have the same issue. using tivoHD
substance12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:44 AM   #3
diphosphine

It's not for the Premiere only. It's always worked with my TiVoHD on my iPhone and iPad, but now it stopped working on both. I thought it might be because of the new TiVo app update I just downloaded on my iPad, but I haven't downloaded the update on my iPhone and it's not working on there either. I've tried restarting the TiVo and restarting my iPhone, but it didn't help.
diphosphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #4
tiassa
Me --Avatar

I wonder if there was an update to the Tivo software that broke the ToDo list. It never worked for me, but I got an iPod touch for Christmas so I only started using it recently.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

While working on my new XL4, it never worked for my original S3 and I don't recall it working with our TiVo HD either. I thought that was one of the Premiere-only features of the app...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #6
moyekj

It was working a few days ago for my S3 but now it is not. This is a function that contacts middlemind.tivo.com to get the information, so maybe there is something currently broken with that server.
Also note that same thing is used in "away" mode (outside your home network) for series 4 TiVos. I haven't tested if that's broken too but likely that is the case.

EDIT: Just tried my Premiere in "away" mode and that is working fine. So looks like series 3 or earlier TiVos only have this problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by moyekj : 01-16-2013 at 12:28 PM.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:24 PM   #7
diphosphine

It's now working again on both my ipad and iPhone.

As a separate question, does anyone know how to see the date of items in the To Do list on the app? I see the time and other information, but not the day or date of the recording.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:55 AM   #8
tiassa
Me --Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by diphosphine View Post
It's now working again on both my ipad and iPhone.
My iPod Touch is now seeing the ToDo list on both of my Tivo HDs

Quote:
As a separate question, does anyone know how to see the date of items in the To Do list on the app? I see the time and other information, but not the day or date of the recording.
If you "open" the recording message (tap on the name of the program), it will show the date and time the recording is scheduled. Not optimal, because you can only see the date/time of one item at a time, but it is there.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:09 AM   #9
diphosphine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiassa View Post
My iPod Touch is now seeing the ToDo list on both of my Tivo HDs

If you "open" the recording message (tap on the name of the program), it will show the date and time the recording is scheduled. Not optimal, because you can only see the date/time of one item at a time, but it is there.

Maybe I'm just missing it, but I don't see any date, even when selected in the list. At the top is the title of the show, then the episode name, the channel and duration. Then there is a descriptive paragraph that starts with information like: (11:30pm - 12:00am, Sea 3 Ep 14, TV-MA, Sitcom, 2007). But no date as far as I can see on either my iPhone 4s or iPad 3.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #10
tiassa
Me --Avatar

Quote:
Maybe I'm just missing it, but I don't see any date, even when selected in the list. At the top is the title of the show, then the episode name, the channel and duration. Then there is a descriptive paragraph that starts with information like: (11:30pm - 12:00am, Sea 3 Ep 14, TV-MA, Sitcom, 2007). But no date as far as I can see on either my iPhone 4s or iPad 3.
You're right, my bad. I saw the time, and thought it included the date.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #11
diphosphine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiassa View Post
You're right, my bad. I saw the time, and thought it included the date.
Thanks for confirming it. It seems like a very strange oversight on their part. The day and date are included on the To Do list of the TivoHD itself. On the app, one is left to look at a potentially long list of shows with no indication of which day it will record on.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #12
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

TDL does, indeed, work on the iPhone app in the "away" mode for the TiVo HD. I was wrong in my previous post. "My Shows" (aka: Now Playing List), does NOT work for the TiVo HD; it does work for the Premiere...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote