Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #31
photoshopgrl
Nerd Fashionista

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
About Supernatural--I've never seen it. I assume Photoshop Girl recommends it, but I have the last 2 seasons available right now--should I start there and then go back if I like it, or would it be too hard to come in in the middle?
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE start from the very beginning. You will regret it if you don't. There is an ongoing arc that builds right from the pilot. It's addictive! WATCH IT!

Okay back to Justified. Sorry for the SPN talk. (I seem to do that with every topic on and offline. )
Old 01-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #32
Mr. Soze
The Devil you know

I have turned many people on to Justified. It's particularly amusing since I am a new convert (we caught up on the first two seasons just before S03) we tend to be more evangelical, like former smokers (and maybe former hookers ).

Being late to the party and watching catch-up marathons is fun too, like we did with BB before S05. The withdrawal is a bitch though. I can't recall anticipating a new season of any show as much as I have this season of Justified, and even with that mental build-up, it's lived up to my hype.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #33
Lee 2.0
Hoopy frood

(Yes watch Supernatural from the beginning.)

It took me a while to lose Shane too, but it was worth the ride. Watching SoA now - have not seen that scene yet!
Lee 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #34
Fahtrim

Dayum this show is just SOOO good. Olyphant is perfect as the bad ass that's not always a bad ass, and Goggins is freakin incredible as Boyd Crowder

The "preach off" was so well done, I was smiling from ear to ear.
Fahtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #35
newsposter
Poster of News

the hubby in the bar taking a drink was interesting, you knew there had to be more to it with him just acting like he owned the place. so did the gf know her hubby would come in then or total surprise?

so how old is the female with the preacher..one time she seems 16, other times 36

whenver i see boyds new friend i worry he's gonna kill someone else. when the other guy was in the trailer and they found out he was selling dope i thought for sure the new guy would kill him..something like ooops you startled me and that caused the trigger to go off

the truths must be the master mind behind all the drug deals in the county is the only thing i can figure, otherwise why would an old ID matter that much to get worked up enough to kill someone and have a life sentence over?

which now that i think about it, is stupid. if the ID is that bad, he would be in jail for whatever crime that is attached to. but if you kill someone in jail, you probably will be in jail too..so why do it?

to protect someone?

imagine the casting call for the truth's family..redneck trailer park trash people needed..i dont know if it's a good or bad thing to be declared perfect for the part

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

monsterjoe - You aren't wrong; spartanstew- I agree with newsposter
newsposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #36
goblue97
Hoke-amania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
The funny thing is, I really disliked Boyd at first (and rewatching Season 1 before Season 2 didn't help much). It took a while for Goggins to get out from the shadow of Shane, but once he found his footing as Boyd it was pure gold.
Just curious, did you disllike Shane?
goblue97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #37
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue97 View Post
Just curious, did you disllike Shane?
I disliked him as a person, but he was a great character.

Very unique, though, and it took Goggin and the writers a while to develop Boyd as a distinct individual.

(For some reason, the Sons of Anarchy team were able to accomplish that much faster. Maybe for two reasons... )