TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Upgrade Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-11-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
Ronmx12
Ronmx12

Arrow HD upgrade question

Iupgraded my TIVO HD with a 1.5Tb drive. The upgrade went flawless using the Tivo upgrade program. The unit works perfectly but it seems to still want to delete any HD recording over 20 HRs. The unit knows it has the big drive but still wants to delete programs. How do I fix this?
Ronmx12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

How many hours does it say in the System Info screen? It may not be reading the full drive size but the original 20 hours.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
Ronmx12
Ronmx12

I will check but I believe when I reinstalled the new drive in my HD and it booted up, it stated I had like 285 hours of HD. I did not think anything was wrong since it was using the whole drive but later last fall we noticed that after about 20 hrs of HD it started deleting things. That really threw me for a loop. I just retired so I have a bit more time now! LOL. I will check and get back with you tomorrow morning. Thanks for trying to help me out. I am puzzled by this.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
Ronmx12
Ronmx12

Thanks ThAbtO. I went and looked at the system settings and it stated Best Quality was a whopping 265 hrs, 22 min, or 1570 SD hrs. I then took a peek at the System info recording capicaty and it stated I had a variable of up to 180 hrs of HD or 1570 SD hrs. We only record HD so we should be ok. I also think I discovered something we were doing wrong in the Season Pass area. We were only setting each for 5 shows and the system was getting rid of old ones! THAT I think was the "real" problem. I changed that setting to 10 shows and do not delete until I delete them! So this was probably our fault for setting the season pass manager wrong. I was really puzzled and your reply sure helped me know what I originally did with the HD upgrade was just fine. Thanks much for the reply. I've learned something new yesterday! I appreciate the help.