TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-10-2014, 10:19 PM   #1
weebonnie

Thumbs down Romio pairing with TWC

Replaced my Tivo Premiere with a Romio and all worked well for several months. Then box started acting up by not coming on with tv. Had to restart once a week. Then cable card adaptor started losing channels. (Calls to TWC) Decided to replace the Romio. Had to pay $50 because I passed the warranty date. Received the new one but I couldn't get the cable card to pair. Replaced cable card 3 times and spent hours on phone with TWC. Then hours on phone with TIVO. Finally returned new Romio and hooked old one back up because I knew it had worked with the TWC cable card. HOWEVER, now it will not pair. Time Warner says its a Romio issue. Tivo says its a TWC problem. Really sucks for us. We really like tiro but I'm guessing well be forced to give it up and go back to the crummy TWC cable box.
weebonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:23 PM   #2
tarheelblue32

Have you tried using different CableCards or just the same one?
tarheelblue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:45 PM   #3
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

Dont fall for your cable co's incompetence! Im at the point of getting 2-3 cablecards and I set aside two days for them to get the pairing right. The last one I set up took them five days. They couldnt even enter the cablecard data on thier end without getting errors. On the last call the tech was randomly flipping all of the "switches" he had over and over for like 20-30 minutes, making the cc reset over and over until it took on their end and paired up.

Comcast has a special cable card hotline, and most of the time the techs arent even aware that after their first attempt to pair the card, there is a always 20-30 minute download to the CC. I end up having to "take control" of the call from the tech as they attempt to pair the card again and start talking about rolling a truck.

Legally they have to provide the cards. Theres no incentive for them to support them well.
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote