TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:43 AM   #151
sts1

thanks for the reply. I tried doing that, but couldn't make it work. I'm running a Pioneer TV (0304) and an NAD receiver (1036 or 1055). The old remote works without a problem, but the roamio remote only turns the tv on and off and runs the volume on the receiver.
sts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:09 AM   #152
philt56

I just ordered a Pro and plan on getting a mini which will be right next to it. I need the mini to provide the second picture when using picture and picture on my Sony tv. Currently I have a premiere and HD. When using P&P, one window has its input to hdmi of the premiere and the second window has its input to component of the HD. ( can't use 2 digital inputs at same time). I use the HD remote with the 1-2 switch so I can easily control both from one remote.

So am I stuck to using the same old remote to do the same with a roamio and mini? Or buy a harmony? Does a harmony provide every button on a TiVo remote? Or do I go to having to have to 2 remotes sitting around? I assume the mini has to get set to ir code2. Do I need to do anything to the roamio like set it to ir code 1 so it never affects the mini?

It sounds like I'm not the only one with multiple boxes in the same room! Why won't tivo give the equivalent of the 1-2 switch again!
philt56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:09 AM   #153
aaronwt
HD Addict

I used that remote many years ago. And while I use my Harmonies for many things, I now just use the TiVo RF Slide remotes and use one for each TiVo/ Mini instead of using IR with my Harmony. But as far as I know you can duplicate every button press of the regular TiVo remote with the Harmony.
40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 11:54 AM   #154
philt56

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I used that remote many years ago. And while I use my Harmonies for many things, I now just use the TiVo RF Slide remotes and use one for each TiVo/ Mini instead of using IR with my Harmony. But as far as I know you can duplicate every button press of the regular TiVo remote with the Harmony.
Thanks. I guess I would have to relearn button layouts on the harmony and buttons which are not labelled for all TiVo functions. I would like to avoid having 2 remotes out all the time plus I have TV remote out to switch between windows (to switch the sound to the window I want to hear).
Old 12-03-2014, 10:54 PM   #155
philt56

I will have a roamio and mini in the same room to use picture and picture. Could I setup the remote so that when its in RF mode it will control the roamio and when in IR mode, then it will control the mini? I would set up IR to use code 2 rather than 0. Not quite as convenient but may be an alternative to using my old remote with the 1-2 switch.