Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Glee "Makeover" (9/27/2012, Spoilers)

Ok, music first, since that's the easy one:
"Everybody Wants to Rule The World" - pretty good. A pretty straightforward performance of it. Nothing really special, nothing horrible.
"Celebrity Skin" - surprisingly, Brittany did reasonably OK at this. Granted, it isn't a style of song that requires an overwhelming amount of vocal ability.
"Change Would Do You Good" - my ears are still bleeding. This was AWFUL. They destroyed this song. Props to the show for attempting something different, [randy]but it just wasn't good, dawg.[/randy]
"The Way You Look Tonight" - ooph. SJP cannot sing. Why, why did they make her sing? Ears, commence bleeding again.

So - I'd give it a C- for songs tonight.

At least this week they were more restrained, both in the number of songs and the number of plotlines they tried to tackle, so it was a much better episode. The NYC half of the show was again for me the more interesting of the two.

This show certainly writes dumb relationships. Kurt is completely oblivious that Blaine is being Mr. Supportive, and completely misses that Blaine might want to talk about himself and his issues for a second or two. And Mr. Schu has an emotional issue, so he goes not to his fiancee, but to Sue. Once he goes to Emma, it's to inform her of what he wants to do -- and that his only concern is for his kids?? Ugh. I know, all for dramatic purposes and all, but geez. Dumb.

At least they gave Rachel a good look finally, something a little more grown up (and probably a little more Lea Michele).
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #2
SNJpage1

This show is going down the drain really fast. I FF'ed thru most of the show tonight. Too many things going on at the same time. I see this show being cancelled before the season is even over.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:53 AM   #3
JohnB1000

I still like the show (and more importantly so does my teenage daughter and all her friends) but I am not keen on the NY storyline at all.

There is NOTHING they can do to make Rachel sexy, she's attractive but sexy isn't going to happen

I like Becky's fun on the xylophone then refusal to play.

Brit looked odd last week, perhaps no makeup, but looked fine this week. She's funny with Sam because he has those lips and she has no lips.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:54 AM   #4
JohnB1000

Glee easily wins it's slot ratings wise, and is top with 18-49 also, it's not going to get cancelled.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:22 AM   #5
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNJpage1 View Post
This show is going down the drain really fast. I FF'ed thru most of the show tonight. Too many things going on at the same time. I see this show being cancelled before the season is even over.
There wasn't any more going on "at the same time" in this episode than an average episode from seasons past.

And no, this show will not be canceled before the season is over. That's laughable to even suggest that.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #6
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

So I wonder if they played "Moon River" at the end as a tribute to Andy Williams?

And for those who say SJP cannot sing-she was in "Annie" on Broadway-so yeah, she can sing!
Old 09-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #7
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

I thought it was OK.

Brittany running for re-election was good. I LOLed when Artie suggested that Brittnay thinks he is a robot, then she wanted to get the vending machine vote. She looked pretty hawt in her blue suit she wore at the debate. Her speech was too funny. Cost them the election.

I think Rachel could be made to be very sexy. Leah Michelle is plenty attractive enough and can pull it off. The writers just need to develop her character that way.. You would think NYC could bring it out of her. She's not in Lima, Ohio anymore.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #8
Jesda
CAPTAIN AWESOME

That horse can't sing very well.

This episode had a lot of fast-forward moments and I darn near gave up on the series.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My blog:
Jesda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:04 AM   #9
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
At least they gave Rachel a good look finally
The deer-in-the-headlights look when she opened the door at the end?

Come join us October 5-12, 2014!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #10
MarkofT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
I like Becky's fun on the xylophone then refusal to play.
I just about fell out of my chair laughing at that bit. Perfect timing on Sue's part all around.
MarkofT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #11
Drewster
Shooting blanks

I thought this episode was just awful. I barely made it through it.

One thing I realized, most of the characters I really enjoyed are no longer in Lima.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #12
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post

And for those who say SJP cannot sing-she was in "Annie" on Broadway-so yeah, she can sing!
And she did a song from Annie in this episode. We got a kick out of that.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #13
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
"The Way You Look Tonight" - ooph. SJP cannot sing. Why, why did they make her sing? Ears, commence bleeding again.
That sounded WAY more "play a recording then lip sync to it" than most of the performances. I mean, they don't sound like they're really singing, it just sounds more "full".

I knew she did Annie, so it seemed weird.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote