TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-07-2013, 12:03 AM   #1
melhuishm

Problems publishing own RSS feed

I've been banging my head against a brick wall for the last few days trying to get my personal RSS Feed working on my Series3 Tivo box.

My box is connected to the Internet and I am able to view the Whitehouse RSS videos. I used the Whitehouse XML as a starting point for my XML.

My RSS info comes up on the Tivo box but when I try to play the video, I get this error:

The service timed out before it was able to retrieve your video to play or download. The may be caused by a temporary network outage, please try your request again later

I can view the XML file and associated video through my browser. I know my Tivo is on the network as I can play the Whitehouse videos without a problem. The XML file is pointing to the correct video file because the video will play when viewed through the browser.

I've encoded the video to be the same format as the Whitehouse video and I have the correct MIME type for the video (video/x-m4v).

I'm at a loss for what to try next.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matthew Melhuish
Sumo Baby Media
melhuishm is offline   Reply With Quote