TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-03-2014, 10:01 PM   #1
The Merg
1*

Roamio vs. Mini: Video Providers and Music Providers

I'm noticing a discrepancy between my Roamio Pro and my Mini. When I look on the Roamio and select the Find TV option, I also have the option to search Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, and YouTube. When I perform the same thing on the Mini, I have the options of AOL On, Netflix, and YouTube. Where is the AOL On coming from? On the Roamio, I do not have that selected as a Video Provider and you cannot set the Video Provider's specifically on the Mini.

Also, I notice that on the Roamio that my Music options has Pandora listed twice. The icon for both is slightly different though. The one at the top of the list, just had me log into Pandora and I was up and running. The second one has TiVo related setup screens and provides a code that I need to enter into a website to activate Pandora on the TiVo.

Anyone else seeing issues like this?

Also, is it possible to customize what Music and Photo or Apps and Games items are listed on the Roamio? I haven't found a setting for those.

Thanks,
Merg

Old 08-05-2014, 12:41 PM   #2
The Merg
1*

Anyone with any thoughts on this?

- Merg

Old 11-22-2014, 04:13 PM   #3
volfan615

I am seeing both Pandora and Spotify listed twice under "Music & Photos". Any idea why?

volfan615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 04:46 PM   #4
The Merg
1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by volfan615 View Post
I am seeing both Pandora and Spotify listed twice under "Music & Photos". Any idea why?

They're different versions of the app. It's annoying that you can't customize those lists.

- Merg

Old 03-17-2015, 07:47 PM   #5
trip1eX

Yeah annoying that the Mini and Roamio experiences aren't quite the same. I noticed it first with the remote which wasn't the same remote as the Roamio had. They finally fixed this packaging the Roamio remote now with v2 of the Mini.

But the software experience remains a bit different which is annoying.

Not being able to de-select the video providers you don't use is one of those software differences between Roamio and Mini. I have to look at AOL at the bottom of My Shows on my Mini. F'n AOL!!! Flashback to 1997. I just can't believe they can't fix something simple like this.

Or I have to go through 3 menu options to record a show in the guide on the Mini. On the Roamio it is a quick 2.

trip1eX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:52 PM   #6
Arcady
Stargate Fan

I don't have AOL selected on my host Roamio, and it doesn't appear anywhere on my Minis. I also removed HULU+ since I don't have it, and it doesn't appear on the Minis either.

I have Amazon Prime, VUDU, XFINITY, Netflix, and YouTube turned on, and they appear on the Roamio and Minis as expected.

Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:06 PM   #7
trip1eX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcady View Post
I don't have AOL selected on my host Roamio, and it doesn't appear anywhere on my Minis. I also removed HULU+ since I don't have it, and it doesn't appear on the Minis either.

I have Amazon Prime, VUDU, XFINITY, Netflix, and YouTube turned on, and they appear on the Roamio and Minis as expected.
How did you pull that off?

I have no AOL on my Roamio but on the Mini it is there.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:32 PM   #8
Arcady
Stargate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip1eX View Post
How did you pull that off?

I have no AOL on my Roamio but on the Mini it is there.
I have no idea. I deselected it a long time ago (when it first appeared) and I got the Minis some time later, so it has never appeared on them. I would try turning it back on to see if I can make it appear and then go away again, but I don't want to be stuck with it.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:31 PM   #9
trip1eX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcady View Post
I have no idea. I deselected it a long time ago (when it first appeared) and I got the Minis some time later, so it has never appeared on them. I would try turning it back on to see if I can make it appear and then go away again, but I don't want to be stuck with it.
I will reboot my Mini and see if it goes away.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:39 PM   #10
trip1eX

Nope AOL is still there. Although now YouTube, Vudu and Amazon Prime aren't there.

I just unchecked them from the Roamio before I rebooted. (although thought I unchecked Instant not Prime.)

The fact that AOL is still there is a bug of some sort I guess?

Old 03-17-2015, 11:15 PM   #11
The Merg
1*

I was told that AOL On appearing on the Mini even when not selected on the Roamio was a known feature. I told them to consider my complaint a feature request then to have the Video Providers on the Roamio mirrored on the Mini since you can't select Video Providers directly on the Mini.

- Merg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 03-18-2015, 01:29 AM   #12
Arcady
Stargate Fan

I guess I just got lucky then.