TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-06-2014, 11:29 AM   #9091
dbpaddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker View Post

Something interesting I noted though: the Comcast cable modem now supports MOCA so I didn't need to switch anything with regard to my Internet setup. How long has Comcast supported MOCA?
I used it to set up Moca at this install I did. Worked great until the other day. Go into the router settings and it says Moca is on, but the white light on the back isn't lit. I reset the router, unplugged, replugged, turned moca off and on and still nothing. Quite annoyed and so are my customers. Like it's my fault, but still. I know one tech I talked to had zero clue what Moca even was. Will have to talk to a second tier tech. Might just end up running to Best Buy and get an adapter.

And not sure what models have MOCA, but this one is the Cisco DBL-3939. Talked to wireless support for a while last night and we got nowhere. Factory resets, a reinstall and upgrade of the firmware, togging of MOCA on their end. It shows MOCA is fine, but on my end, the light is not on. It shows connected and 1 node connected even when the Minis are disconnected. We concluded it considers itself a node. But the only option at the moment is to swap it out for another one or just buy an adapter.

Last edited by dbpaddler : 12-07-2014 at 09:52 AM.
dbpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 03:27 PM   #9092
morac
Cat God

Official Comcast CableCard Thread!

Comcast is messing around with their billing currently. My latest statement removed the additional outlet fees and cablecard credits and replaced them with a single cablecard charge of $7.45 per card. They seemed to have screwed that up in my favor though as I have 3 cards and they are only charging me for one.

I still need to call them though, because they removed my promotional credit, when they weren't supposed to. Apparently they've been screwing up a lot of bills.

http://6abc.com/business/comcast-adm...stakes/430866/

Edit: apparently they implemented a new billing system in NJ, PA and DE which automatically removed any customer credits. They couldn't put it back on, so they put me on a promo pricing bundle for significantly less than what I was paying.

Last edited by morac : 12-13-2014 at 04:12 PM.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 05:52 PM   #9093
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

I think you meant to say "greater Philadelphia."
pdhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #9094
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdhenry View Post
I think you meant to say "greater Philadelphia."

If that's what I meant to say, I would have said it. When I was speaking to support on the phone, they told me they are rolling out a new billing system. They did Delaware and Pennsylvania in November and New Jersey in December. I'm assuming it will roll out in other areas at some point.
Old 12-13-2014, 09:50 PM   #9095
pdhenry
Every Day's Saturday

I'll let you know. Pennsylvania is a big state and they haven't done anything in this neck of the woods yet.

Meanwhile the linked article is specific to Philadelphia.
pdhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 12:21 AM   #9096
morac
Cat God

I'm just repeating what I was told.

Speaking of which, I was told something odd today by Comcast. I was told not to call the CableCard hotline in the future.

Comcast ended up disabling one of my CableCards as part of the billing change since they removed a card off my bill. When I tried to have them re-enable and pair it, it caused another card to disable. Apparently the system now enforces the billing code that determines how many cards you have and mine was too small. I should just return one of my cards.

I called the CableCard hotline and the person was able to fix it, but I was told in the future to call the normal support line for help, not the CableCard hotline. I'm not sure why I was told that as as far as I'm aware, that's the hotline is what to call to get support with cards. I doubt that the normal support people would have been able to pair the cards let alone figure out the problem with the billing code.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:14 PM   #9097
Tmatys

Cable Card Issues?

After working on this issue now for about 4.5 hours - 2.5 with the TIVO agent on the phone, another hour with Comcast Cable, and yet another hour and a half on m own, there is still an issue! Not to mention that there is about an extra $250 sitting on my charge card for no good reason.

TIVO sent me an Elite unit to replace my Premium unit because my existing Premium unit’s channels would go black on the screen, was sluggish responding to the remote, the system would reboot for no reason, and sometimes it would get stuck on the last step forever when trying to set up the unit. I ran the hard drive diagnostics; I even sent these diagnostics to TIVO. The TIVO phone agent said I had a bad hard drive. So, they sent me (probably refurbished) a TIVO Elite to replace my existing TIVO Premium. When it arrived I hooked it up, and got absolutely nothing out of it. Thus, I got on the phone with yet another TIVO agent, and, Comcast Cable, at the same time. Comcast Cable sent me a new signal, and made sure that my Motorola Cable Card was paired correctly. Then, I had a Comcast cable guy come out to confirm that my cable’s strength passed, and it did.

Still, the replacement TIVO, the Elite, did nothing! So, I figured I would try to hookup the original TIVO again, the Premium, thinking maybe that the replacement unit was bad. Especially, since now, I got a fresh new signal sent from Comcast and the pairing of my Motorola Cable Card was validated. I figured why not put back the original Premium and give it a try. Unfortunately, the original TIVO, the Premium, continued to do the same thing!

I did some web research, especially, in the TIVO community forum, and I start reading about how the VP of design and Research knew about an incompatibility issue between some cable cards and cable signals due to a recent update. And, that there would be an update to fix this issue in January ‘15. I have a very strong suspicion that my issue is related to this update issue that caused problems with cable cards. Of course, I cannot post the link, according to forum rules, you can only post links, after you've made 5 posts?

I am exhausted from this issue. I really need a TIVO person here at my house. I’d even get a Comcast person here at the same time. I really think that there are some issues that TIVO is not sharing with its consumers. I really need a TIVO expert to take charge of this matter, or I really do not have any other choice but to change DVRs.

I am exhausted from the whole situation.
Tmatys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:57 PM   #9098
tivoboy

4.5 hours

4.5 hours?

you got off EASY!!!

;-0
tivoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 10:37 AM   #9099
MarkNH

Waiting for CP Auth

I have had two long calls with comcast.
First one was when I tried to move the CC from my HD to a Roamio.
In this case the channels all work but far away agent said she was having issues and I should take it to a store to swap or have an engineer visit.

The Tivo page http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/...2571/related/1 says for Auth status
If this field reads Waiting for CP Auth, the CableCARD is not paired with the CableCARD slot in the TiVo. You will be unable to view most, if not all of the channels in your subscription. Call the cable provider to resolve this issue.
I can believe that its not properly paired but I am confused that my Roamio and HD both can tune HD channels successfully. I don't have HBO so did not try any premium channels.

I did get an additional card that I have also had issues getting activated. This one has a status of Not Ready--No CA Strm so the card is not activated. Idiot on the other end kept trying to send a reset for 40m last night. Also made me restart and otherwise check connections, despite fact that it had updated the firmware which tells me Comcast can talk to it.

It frustrates me so much that these guys are completely lost once they go off script and have no escalation aside from suggesting a truck roll.

MarkNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM   #9100
jlb
NCC-1701-D

All this kind of stuff we hear about Comcast makes me happy I just have limited basic for locals and I have a TiVoHD with upgraded HD that just keeps humming along fine.